• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Prenatal Vitamins To Help Conceive?

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:25 AM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

Can that actually help you to conveive? Someone mentioned it to me because I am going to start taking some soon. I was just curious!

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sspaschal2427
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:27 AM
1 mom liked this
That's a good question I'm curious also, bump! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mdawn028
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Goodquestion hon Idk supposed to be good for you before you conceive and during pregnancy hope you get a BFP hugs
Hoping we all get BFPs hugs
Hopen
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:10 AM

I hadn't heard that. I took them for 4-6 years, with no success. I also had some underlying issues that were discovered later and resolved!

GL and Baby dust! ;)

kendraamornot
by Kendra on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:14 AM

no, they dont actually help you conceive, well i guess they could if your issue for not conceiving is a mineral or vitamin issue, but they just get all the nutrients that we need in us for baby early so when baby comes we are suited and booted without any issues

misskriss10
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:22 AM
This exactly. But extra vitamins and minerals can't hurt. I've taken them since I got pregnant with my now 2yo because they do wonders for my hair and finger nails.

Quoting kendraamornot:

no, they dont actually help you conceive, well i guess they could if your issue for not conceiving is a mineral or vitamin issue, but they just get all the nutrients that we need in us for baby early so when baby comes we are suited and booted without any issues

bellanicolexox
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:04 AM
No. Prenatal vitamins do not help a woman conceive. They help get your body healthy and ready to carry a child. Doctors tell you to start taking them now during ttc and continue through birth and while breast feeding.
AnnaJiang
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:38 AM

My friend tried to conceive and successed :

First , do a detox for seven days. That will make your body in the best position.

Second, taking prenatal vitamins to make sure you have necessary vitamins for your body. In the case of pregancy, it will help baby's brain development.

tluvsd2
by TONI on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this
THEY GIVE YOUR BODY THE PROPER AMOUNT OF VITAMINS SO WHEN U DO CONCEIVE YOU WILL BE HEALTHY!:) GOOD LUCK!
sbp8276
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:53 PM

My ob/gyn suggested I start taking them when I was ttc my first because the sooner your baby gets the folic acid the better.  I dont know if it helped me get pregnant or if it was just my time, but I was pregnant the next month.  Good luck!!

EAzizM
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:02 PM

They wont help you conceive, but they will give the proper vitamins you need for a pregnancy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)