Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

opks past expiration date?

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:25 AM
  • 5 Replies
I don't know why, but I decided to take an opk after ovulation this cycle. I hadn't been tracking anything, but had the exact same o pains that I have every month, which are usually confirmed by opks. The o pains were on CD11, 2 days earlier than normal. My poas addiction, plus the fact that my opks expire this month, made me decide to take an opk on cd14, 15,16, and now 17. What I don't get is that cd14 &15, and today (17) were all positive, darker than control. Yesterday, cd16, was almost positive, just a touch lighter than control. I usually only get as dark as control, so darker is unusual, as is getting multiple days of positive. Any guesses if the results are inaccurate because they're on the borderline of expiration, if maybe I o'd twice, or what?
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mss119
by Maggie on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Any ideas? Bump!
ARClay
by Alyssa on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:52 AM
I'm not sure if expiring would make them more likely to be positive or not. Are you temping so you know for sure you already ovulated?
mss119
by Maggie on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:59 AM
No, this cycle was supposed to be a break cycle, I just suck at it lol

Quoting ARClay: I'm not sure if expiring would make them more likely to be positive or not. Are you temping so you know for sure you already ovulated?
ARClay
by Alyssa on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:03 AM
Well maybe the pains were your body getting ready to o but then changed its mind. Maybe you will ovulate soon. I'm not sure hun. GL

Quoting mss119: No, this cycle was supposed to be a break cycle, I just suck at it lol

Quoting ARClay: I'm not sure if expiring would make them more likely to be positive or not. Are you temping so you know for sure you already ovulated?
mss119
by Maggie on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Yeah, I'm thinking that's most likely but don't like it because that makes my cycle so long this time, over 30 days if I have my normal 14 day lp, lol. But I doubt the opks would be positive because they're expired, expiring would make them more likely to be negative, I'm thinking.. thanks for the input!

Quoting ARClay: Well maybe the pains were your body getting ready to o but then changed its mind. Maybe you will ovulate soon. I'm not sure hun. GL

Quoting mss119: No, this cycle was supposed to be a break cycle, I just suck at it lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)