Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you wait...

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:25 AM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

to HPT till AF doesn't show... or do you test each month before ?   

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mss119
by Maggie on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I try to wait until 2 days before af is sure but I usually fail and test earlier, lol
MommyAddie
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:35 AM
2 moms liked this
Last time I was ttc i decided to wait until AF was due to test because the bfn's were breaking my heart and driving me crazy. So the first month I waited until the day AF was due was the day I got my bfp.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsHietala
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Every cycle I tell myself I will not test until I miss AF.....Never ever works out for me! I usually test 9dpo and of course negative and then test a day or two before AF if I'm feeling like it's my month! lol

Fairegirl33
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this

this is my first cycle trying... and i told myself the same thing... i will not test till af is missed... but omg i am dying to test LOLOL  and of course my dh is telling me " you are pregnant LOL"  i just tell him well that would be amazing but don't be upset if and when im not.

Quoting MrsHietala:

Every cycle I tell myself I will not test until I miss AF.....Never ever works out for me! I usually test 9dpo and of course negative and then test a day or two before AF if I'm feeling like it's my month! lol

mdawn028
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm waiting to see I'm hoping for a BFP I'm waiting till the 6th or 19th hoping AF don't show the 1rst or 12th
I tested and I think it was way too early to test and got 2 BFNs is why
Really hoping for a BFP hugs
Hope we all get a BFP hugs
So waiting 5 days past AF hopefully if hopefully AF don't show or 7 days past AF if AF hopefully don't show hoping for a BFP hugs
MrsHietala
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:40 AM
2 moms liked this

LOL telling yourself not to test and actually doing it is the hardest thing ever for me! It helps me to test early and see a bfn so then my hopes get let down a little so I wont be soooo dissapointed when AF shows her ugly face!

how many dpo are you? (:

Quoting Fairegirl33:

this is my first cycle trying... and i told myself the same thing... i will not test till af is missed... but omg i am dying to test LOLOL  and of course my dh is telling me " you are pregnant LOL"  i just tell him well that would be amazing but don't be upset if and when im not.

Quoting MrsHietala:

Fairegirl33
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:48 AM

I THINK 7dpo...

I felt O pains but I tried to temp and such and I didn't see any rise in temp or anything.... I bought a BBT but it kept telling me my temp was like 97.83 and such.. isn't that crazy low even for that early in the morning... i tempted like 6:45am.   hahah i may need another BBT

Quoting MrsHietala:

LOL telling yourself not to test and actually doing it is the hardest thing ever for me! It helps me to test early and see a bfn so then my hopes get let down a little so I wont be soooo dissapointed when AF shows her ugly face!

how many dpo are you? (:

Quoting Fairegirl33:

Quoting MrsHietala:

MrsHietala
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:52 AM

I tried the whole temping thing but it didn't work for me! So I completely understand how the temping can be crazy!!! I go off my body and an app I have to track my cycles, seems to work best for me!! 

7dpo is still early but I'd be dying to test if I were you. I tested at 9dpo this cycle and got a BFN now I'm 11dpo and will probably test with FMU tomorrow at 12dpo LOL

Quoting Fairegirl33:

I THINK 7dpo...

I felt O pains but I tried to temp and such and I didn't see any rise in temp or anything.... I bought a BBT but it kept telling me my temp was like 97.83 and such.. isn't that crazy low even for that early in the morning... i tempted like 6:45am.   hahah i may need another BBT

Quoting MrsHietala:

how many dpo are you? (:

Quoting Fairegirl33:

Quoting MrsHietala:

Fairegirl33
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 9:58 AM

that is how I always do it normally... even before ttc... on an app.   it seems to be pretty accurate for me regarding when i "think" i O because of pain and such.  and AF is always spot on.

i just thought that if i could test before new years.... i could drink or not LOL or that is what im telling myself LOL

I think i decided to wait till the weekend then I would be 12+ dpo.

look luck tomorrow...

tell me what fmu stands for please

Quoting MrsHietala:

I tried the whole temping thing but it didn't work for me! So I completely understand how the temping can be crazy!!! I go off my body and an app I have to track my cycles, seems to work best for me!! 

7dpo is still early but I'd be dying to test if I were you. I tested at 9dpo this cycle and got a BFN now I'm 11dpo and will probably test with FMU tomorrow at 12dpo LOL

Quoting Fairegirl33:

I THINK 7dpo...

Quoting MrsHietala:

how many dpo are you? (:

Quoting Fairegirl33:

Quoting MrsHietala:

MrsHietala
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Yeah my app has always been spot on as well! So I stick with what works for me, and the whole temping thing and using opks just puts too much stress on ttc when there's enough already!

lol that's exactly why I'm testing so much this cycle and why I'm testing tomorrow.....to see if I can drink or not on new years!!! hahah 

Thank you! I'm crossing my fingers and toes in hopes for a bfp tomorrow morning! I'm on cycle 2 after my mc so I'm hoping for the best!!

FMU stands for First Morning Urine

Quoting Fairegirl33:

that is how I always do it normally... even before ttc... on an app.   it seems to be pretty accurate for me regarding when i "think" i O because of pain and such.  and AF is always spot on.

i just thought that if i could test before new years.... i could drink or not LOL or that is what im telling myself LOL

I think i decided to wait till the weekend then I would be 12+ dpo.

look luck tomorrow...

tell me what fmu stands for please

Quoting MrsHietala:

Quoting Fairegirl33:

I THINK 7dpo...

Quoting MrsHietala:

how many dpo are you? (:

Quoting Fairegirl33:

Quoting MrsHietala:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)