Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need some new "ideas" cycle 7 after mirena

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:51 AM
  • 5 Replies
Hubby and I just finished cycle 6 ttc after Mirena with no luck. Our first two kids only took 1-2 tries so we are becoming a little disappointed.

We tried ovulation tests for a few cycles and I always got the LH surge around the right time. However, I start spotting around 8-9 doo every month until my period starts.

Any success or horror stories of ttc after mirena
Any ideas mommas? Any new ideas to try? Is charting a pain in the bum? Thanks for any help. :)
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Careeka22
by Caitlin on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Mine is success but honestly not real big tips, I was able to concieve on my 2nd cycle post Mirena that I had in for just over 2 years. Although what I think made me different is that I had regular cycles for the last few months even with Mirena and breastfeeding. I had no clue if it would take long or not seeing that my 1st just happened on it's own and I felt very fortunate. What we did was tracked my cycle using OPK's and monitoring CM, we BD's on ovulation day right on cue and the day after. I know with some it takes a few cycles I am sure it will happen soon, GL!

Gabeys_Mommy
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Thanks :) I had mirena for almost 3 years and for the last two of it I didn't have a period.
Barbiedoll137
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Hi! We are on cycle number 7 off ttc after the Mirena. I have 4 boys that were conceived right away. I wonder if the Mirena has anything to do with it? I did have the Mirena before my last son, but it wasn't in very long. I have spotting before periods.

Charting for me is going awesome. As you know exactly when you are oing and where you are in your cycle. I hope you get your BFP soon!
Gcaronite
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:01 AM
I have had my mirena taken out march 10th 2013. Got pregnant april 2013 it ended in a chemical pregnancy. Positive pregnancy test in june. Chemical pregnancy. I got pregnant in july and lost yhe baby at 5w5d. Found out I was pregnant December 13th. I am now 6 weeks 1 day. I am praying this bean sticks!!!!! I truley belive the mirena played a part in this
Gabeys_Mommy
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:05 AM
I have to agree. On cycle 2 we had a chemical. We've never had any trouble ttc before mirena. But there are other factors...were older than before, more stress, less time, etc. I am becoming pretty discouraged and thinking maybe #3 wasn't mean to be. I think were going to try up to the year point and if it doesn't happen well probably stop.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)