Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Taking baby outside......

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:27 PM
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hello ladies, I have a question about how soon after baby is born can you take baby outside into the world? Hubby and I are going through our first IVF cycle and if all works out we will have a baby around Sept-Oct. For thanksgiving it is a family tradition on my side of the family for my immediate family to stay in b&b. Would any of you ladies recommend doing this since the baby will only be either a month or two old? Thought PLEASE!!!

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tryingfor7
by Amber on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:29 PM
I think it's fine after 6 week shots
tryingfor7
by Amber on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Also breast feeding is good for immune system till shots and after

Quoting tryingfor7: I think it's fine after 6 week shots
meagan517
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes it's fine, I had twins and took mine outside since day 5
alwayshopefull
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Ok awesome! I plan on breastfreeding! Thanks so much! 

Quoting tryingfor7: Also breast feeding is good for immune system till shots and after

isaacsmommy68
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:33 PM

It will be fine. Just make sure you keep sickies away from baby. Have everyone wash their hands before holding. Good luck! My brother and sil had ivf and now has a beautiful 7 month old little girl.

alwayshopefull
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Ok, great! I was worried I would lose out on spending time with family. Thanks so much!!

Quoting meagan517: Yes it's fine, I had twins and took mine outside since day 5

alwayshopefull
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Oh yes I already have the biggest bottle of germ-x just waiting :) Thank you so much we are very excited and nervous about this process. It has been a long time trying and really hope this will be the answer to our prayers!!! Congrats to your brother and sil on their precious little girl! 

Quoting isaacsmommy68:

It will be fine. Just make sure you keep sickies away from baby. Have everyone wash their hands before holding. Good luck! My brother and sil had ivf and now has a beautiful 7 month old little girl.

Proud-mama-05
by Stacy on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:28 PM
I never stayed in for a certain time with any of my kids. I've even gone to the store directly after leaving hospital with 2 of them. I never had an issue with them getting sick, not till they were a little older.
noonelikeme564
by Group Admin on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:37 PM
My first two only after about 6 weeks. With my last baby he did not hit the air until about 4 mo! He was a September baby and I really had no reason to take him out, only to doctor and back!
mdawn028
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:44 PM
I agree on both of the things you said hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)