Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cycle Day 9..

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:48 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

i was wondering.. is it too early to start using OPKs? if not when do you ladies normally start using them. first time actually getting to use them with hopes of success. (: also.. anyone else CD 9? needing some cycle buddies.! (:

baby dust:)Baby Dust To Everyone(:ttc

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mdawn028
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Depends on if you O earlier or later in your cycle hon hugs
Hope you get a +OPK
Catch the eggy and hope you get a BFP hugs
Janenyandia
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Am ahead,cd 11.

Quoting jsmith13:

i was wondering.. is it too early to start using OPKs? if not when do you ladies normally start using them. first time actually getting to use them with hopes of success. (: also.. anyone else CD 9? needing some cycle buddies.! (:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KJ786
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:58 PM
When you start testing for ovulation depends on how long your cycles normally are.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jsmith13
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:04 PM

im not sure how long they are. my cycles have been messed up.. this is the firat one i have had since i stopped the pill May 30, 2013. so im not sure how this is going to go. before i got on the pill i didnt have one for a year and a half..

Jen-ash
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Oh dear.  I need the answer to this question too!  When do you test for ovulation?  What if I miss it?  I am usually a 32 day cycle but this last one was 35!!!!  Wondering if the flu made that happen. 

KJ786
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this
My doctor always suggested for me to start testing on day 10. But, I would say you're safe to start now, if you want, just to be on the safe side. Just keep in mind that since you don't know how long your cycles typically are, it may be a while before you see that surge, so you may go through a lot of tests, which can get expensive. But, I always say it's better to be safe than sorry! :)

Quoting jsmith13:

im not sure how long they are. my cycles have been messed up.. this is the firat one i have had since i stopped the pill May 30, 2013. so im not sure how this is going to go. before i got on the pill i didnt have one for a year and a half..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jsmith13
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this

i have no idea either. lol. my cycles are FAR from normal and that kills me. i just wanna know and have a regular once a month cycle.!! lol

Quoting Jen-ash:

Oh dear.  I need the answer to this question too!  When do you test for ovulation?  What if I miss it?  I am usually a 32 day cycle but this last one was 35!!!!  Wondering if the flu made that happen. 

jsmith13
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:12 PM

thanks.! lol. im hoping everything is going normal. i tested today and its not as dark as the 26ths test. lol. but then again its earlier than the last one was taken so that could be why. i normally take them later in the afternoon so i might take another one before work. i have to be there at 5 so.. lol

Quoting KJ786: My doctor always suggested for me to start testing on day 10. But, I would say you're safe to start now, if you want, just to be on the safe side. Just keep in mind that since you don't know how long your cycles typically are, it may be a while before you see that surge, so you may go through a lot of tests, which can get expensive. But, I always say it's better to be safe than sorry! :)

Quoting jsmith13:

KJ786
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Later in the afternoon always works better for me, too.

Quoting jsmith13:

thanks.! lol. im hoping everything is going normal. i tested today and its not as dark as the 26ths test. lol. but then again its earlier than the last one was taken so that could be why. i normally take them later in the afternoon so i might take another one before work. i have to be there at 5 so.. lol

Quoting KJ786: My doctor always suggested for me to start testing on day 10. But, I would say you're safe to start now, if you want, just to be on the safe side. Just keep in mind that since you don't know how long your cycles typically are, it may be a while before you see that surge, so you may go through a lot of tests, which can get expensive. But, I always say it's better to be safe than sorry! :)

Quoting jsmith13:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)