• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FMU question????

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:27 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

Is it absolutely necessary that you test with the fmu?

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mdawn028
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Idk some ladies test in the morning some at night probably depends how late AF is and if you was to be pregnant how far along you are
When I was pregnant with the baby I lost before I lost my baby I tested at 7 Weeks and so many days along FMU and afternoon both positive the next day FMU then afternoon both positive again
I lost my baby at 8 weeks along in my pregnancy I had a MC due to Rh factor lost my baby July 28,2012 on my dh's bday.
I've been ttc again for 1yr.&5months now I'm CD30 hope we both get a BFP hugs
My baby I lost took 8yrs.ttc naturally to get pregnant with.
Hope we all get BFPs hugs
Traci2012
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I am so sorry for your loss! Prayers to you for a BFP and a healthy pregnancy! I am going stir crazy! By calculations I am 15 dpo which makes me 1 day late for af. I had what seemed like implantation bleeding on Friday. Just light spotting for the day. I took a test several days ago which came back negative. Probably way too early. I'm just a nervous wreck to test too early again. I hate getting my hopes up and then getting let down. But I guess that's how this all works. Good luck and (((hugs))) to you!

Quoting mdawn028: Idk some ladies test in the morning some at night probably depends how late AF is and if you was to be pregnant how far along you are
When I was pregnant with the baby I lost before I lost my baby I tested at 7 Weeks and so many days along FMU and afternoon both positive the next day FMU then afternoon both positive again
I lost my baby at 8 weeks along in my pregnancy I had a MC due to Rh factor lost my baby July 28,2012 on my dh's bday.

ARClay
by Alyssa on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:30 PM
If you are 15 dpo it might show up with anytime urine. But I do know some women don't get a BFP until 15 dpo or later.
iHEAVENn
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:32 PM

No, but it will give you the best result... You can test any time of the day, the hormone just is stronger / more noticable in the morning :) 

cheetah90210
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 3:33 PM
No but if your testing early it could give you better results or you can hold your urine for 4 hours and test during the day.
Traci2012
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:17 PM

So might it be too early for me to test? What is the best time frame?

Quoting ARClay: If you are 15 dpo it might show up with anytime urine. But I do know some women don't get a BFP until 15 dpo or later.

Beebella
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:20 PM
I took one in the evening and saw two lines although one line was light. AF was about 12 days dpo but everyone is different.
ARClay
by Alyssa on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:33 PM
It may not be too early to show. I just don't want you to get discouraged if it's negative. If you hold it for 4 hours it'll simulate FMU. I would be taking 2 tests a day at 15dpo.. Lol, but I'm a pee-on-a-stick-aholic.
mdawn028
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 4:45 PM
Hugs sweety hope you get a BFP hon hugs

Thank you sweety hugs

Quoting Traci2012:

I am so sorry for your loss! Prayers to you for a BFP and a healthy pregnancy! I am going stir crazy! By calculations I am 15 dpo which makes me 1 day late for af. I had what seemed like implantation bleeding on Friday. Just light spotting for the day. I took a test several days ago which came back negative. Probably way too early. I'm just a nervous wreck to test too early again. I hate getting my hopes up and then getting let down. But I guess that's how this all works. Good luck and (((hugs))) to you!

Quoting mdawn028: Idk some ladies test in the morning some at night probably depends how late AF is and if you was to be pregnant how far along you are

Traci2012
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Errrr! Tested at 3 this afternoon and it came back N! It was the regular equate brand.  Guess I will wait and try again in a few days or so.  I am not a very patient person either! Good grief I've had every other typical sign of being pregnant. Another question...... How long after implantation bleeding should you test? 

Quoting ARClay: It may not be too early to show. I just don't want you to get discouraged if it's negative. If you hold it for 4 hours it'll simulate FMU. I would be taking 2 tests a day at 15dpo.. Lol, but I'm a pee-on-a-stick-aholic.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)