• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello! :)

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:44 PM
  • 15 Replies
2 moms liked this

My dh and I are ttc #3. I have a 16yo DD from a previous relationship and a 4yo DS with my DH. We've been ttc for almost 3 years. I was diagnosed with PCOS and I have hypothyroid. Also, since DD was born until recently I had crazy irregular menstrual cycles. Everything from spotting to nearly needing a transfusion, I swear. Sometimes I would have AF and then not again for 8 months. It was literally to the point that I stopped keeping track. However, since August when I made some changes, I've been able to see a pattern in my cycles, they're becoming more and more regular each month and I can actually say that I have a renewed hope in getting pregnant. :) So, hello everyone!

by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ARClay
by Alyssa on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Welcome!

lilGsmomma
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:50 PM
Good luck
Raindelay
by on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Hi. We have been TTC for 2 years for our second. My problem is endo but I have battled irregular periods too. Hoping laproscopy will help us. Just wanted to say GL to you and ask What sort if changes have you made to help your cycles?
jsmith13
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this

i can totally relate to this. me and DH are TTC our first child. in 2 years i have not had a period on my own. i had to get on metformin which didnt help. just made me sick and really angry. i then had to result to a progesterone only BC. i was on it for 4 months and had a period. stopped that May 30, 2013 and just had a period the 22nd of this month. i was so excited. they said i have insulin resistance and PCOS. i have never had an US done to detect the PCOS or anything but they said from the blood work i had done that i had it. so here i am. babyless and TTC #1. i have hope and im determined not to lose it. i know plenty of people who say they have PCOS and have children. so im still going to hope. much baby dust to you.!! good luck.! (:

clownhater
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:15 AM

It's going to sound so insignificant and possibly just bizarre to some but I stopped using tampons. I had a cycle in August that of course I was just like ok whatever because I hadn't had one since April prior to that. I didn't have any tampons but an over abundance of pads so I just used them only during my entire cycle. I was kinda surprised when I then had another period in October. Again, I had an over abundance of pads so I used them before spending the money on the alternative. By the time I had a cycle in November, I had caught on to something. I don't really know why but I truly believe it's because I stopped using tampons because here I am again in December today on CD3. When I say for nearly 17 years now I haven't had a regular cycle I am not kidding. I swear the ONLY reason I got pregnant with DS is because I had to come off of NuvaRing because of blood clots in my lungs. :( I immediately got pregnant, unintentionally because I wasn't well and was on Coumadin but obviously I don't regret it. It was scary having to stick myself twice a day with Lovenox injections but he will be 5 in May and DD will be 17 (omg, that's scarier than Lovenox) in April. ;)

Quoting Raindelay: Hi. We have been TTC for 2 years for our second. My problem is endo but I have battled irregular periods too. Hoping laproscopy will help us. Just wanted to say GL to you and ask What sort if changes have you made to help your cycles?

clownhater
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you! Right back at cha!

Quoting jsmith13:

i can totally relate to this. me and DH are TTC our first child. in 2 years i have not had a period on my own. i had to get on metformin which didnt help. just made me sick and really angry. i then had to result to a progesterone only BC. i was on it for 4 months and had a period. stopped that May 30, 2013 and just had a period the 22nd of this month. i was so excited. they said i have insulin resistance and PCOS. i have never had an US done to detect the PCOS or anything but they said from the blood work i had done that i had it. so here i am. babyless and TTC #1. i have hope and im determined not to lose it. i know plenty of people who say they have PCOS and have children. so im still going to hope. much baby dust to you.!! good luck! (:

hypnautica
by Jennifer on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi and welcome to the group. I'm glad things are getting on track for you. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
clownhater
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you! :)

Quoting lilGsmomma: Good luck

clownhater
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Thank you! :)

Quoting ARClay:

Welcome!

tryingfor7
by Amber on Dec. 31, 2013 at 12:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Well I see you're a clown hater... Lol jk
Gl n baby dust to you n I'm glad ur cycle is cooperating for baby makin:)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)