Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Coffee or no coffee?

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 10:09 AM
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this
So my dad is making coffee and it smells soooo good! I know it's not good to drink while pregnant, but what about during the TWW? I'm 5dpo today.

Yay, I got featured post. :)
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Larsbug
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 10:13 AM

some caffeine during pregnancy is not going to hurt baby...and baby doesn't get anything from mama until around 4-6 weeks so you will be fine to drink some

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
midnitelady84
by Kristan on Dec. 31, 2013 at 10:14 AM
I drink coffee every day. U don't want to be around me if i don't
sjenkins8208
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 10:17 AM
I have a cup EVERYDAY. I used to have about 3, but moderate caffeine consumption is fine. Especially during the tww.
ARClay
by Alyssa on Dec. 31, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Lol I can be like that sometimes, but I don't drink it often. Maybe once or twice a week I'll have a cup.

Quoting midnitelady84: I drink coffee every day. U don't want to be around me if i don't
midnitelady84
by Kristan on Dec. 31, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Go for it. I have one every day

Quoting ARClay: Lol I can be like that sometimes, but I don't drink it often. Maybe once or twice a week I'll have a cup.

Quoting midnitelady84: I drink coffee every day. U don't want to be around me if i don't
hoping_for_more
by Gold Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Go for it! One (or even two) wont hurt!
hypnautica
by Jennifer on Dec. 31, 2013 at 11:42 AM

It depends on what you read and how a clinic feels about it. Some say no caffeine and others say a cup a day is ok. With my last IVF I drank about a cup a week just to see if it made a difference and course it didnt lol I think a cup of coffee is fine

Libby22
by Elizabeth on Dec. 31, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Up to 200mg of caffeine a day is perfectly fine when pregnant so also just fine when TTC. Drip coffee (made at home) has a LOT less caffeine than coffee from Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts, so you can have a couple cups and be fine. If you have milk in your coffee, all the better! Babies like that calcium... Mmmm :) Enjoy!

mdawn028
by Dawna on Dec. 31, 2013 at 11:44 AM
I drink 2-3 cups of a morning I like my coffee with hazelnut and sugar in it hugs
Some books say no not during pregnancy and some say it's ok as long as you don't drink too much caffeine hugs
Libby22
by Elizabeth on Dec. 31, 2013 at 11:44 AM

I forgot to add that while I don't drink coffee, I've been enjoying my chai lattes and an occasional diet soda with no thoughts about it. I actually feel more guilty about the artificial sweeteners and possible BPA from the plastic containers lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured