Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

How do you know it's the right time to conceive?

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 7:04 PM
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this
Our News Years resolution was to try to conceive for the first time. Now that the new year is here I'm having second thoughts because I'm scared about finances. So my question to you is how do you know if you're ready to start a family?

I'm scared to get pregnant and have our HVAC unit break on us or our car fail or other things in life that cost money that we wont have the money for. I guess you could say I'm a worry wart. We have a decent savings but I'm still scared.

Do you ladies get scared of these things? Or is it just me?
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
berespectful
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 7:16 PM

well after enough months of trying and negative pregnancy tests you stop thinking about the worrying anymore. Also make sure you give yourself enough time to conceive (it doesn't always happen the first month) and don't wait past your prime fertility window.

hypnautica
by Jennifer on Jan. 1, 2014 at 7:21 PM

Im not saying this to be mean at all so please dont take it that way but if you keep wondering what if, then you will never have a family. Just start trying to have a family and take it one day at a time. I really hope you have no issues with trying to get pregnant but there is always a chance it might take several years to conceive. Good luck on whatever you decide

Hopen
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 7:22 PM
Like my mother in law says, if your put off having a baby or a family until the time is right you will be waiting a long time! We have 15 month triplets and are pregnant with another. My opinion is you will make it work!

GL
KatLee42513
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 7:25 PM
Not ofeended in the least!! :) I'm glad you responded :). I guess I'm a sorry wart :/

Quoting hypnautica:

Im not saying this to be mean at all so please dont take it that way but if you keep wondering what if, then you will never have a family. Just start trying to have a family and take it one day at a time. I really hope you have no issues with trying to get pregnant but there is always a chance it might take several years to conceive. Good luck on whatever you decide

KatLee42513
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 7:26 PM
That is the cutest thing :). Congrats!!! Are you ever worried about unexpected expenses?

Quoting Hopen: Like my mother in law says, if your put off having a baby or a family until the time is right you will be waiting a long time! We have 15 month triplets and are pregnant with another. My opinion is you will make it work!

GL

hypnautica
by Jennifer on Jan. 1, 2014 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this

At the very beginning I think it is normal to be worried and scared but once you start and get into the swing of things the excitement takes over.

Hopen
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 7:32 PM
Thank you! Yes, and it happens, but we somehow always make it work! We also moved into a new house in Sept on top of everything! So had a few things pop up, sometimes you just use savings! :)

Quoting KatLee42513: That is the cutest thing :). Congrats!!! Are you ever worried about unexpected expenses?

Quoting Hopen: Like my mother in law says, if your put off having a baby or a family until the time is right you will be waiting a long time! We have 15 month triplets and are pregnant with another. My opinion is you will make it work!

GL
KatLee42513
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 7:39 PM
You give me hope :). Thank you doll :)

Quoting Hopen: Thank you! Yes, and it happens, but we somehow always make it work! We also moved into a new house in Sept on top of everything! So had a few things pop up, sometimes you just use savings! :)

Quoting KatLee42513: That is the cutest thing :). Congrats!!! Are you ever worried about unexpected expenses?

GL

huntermom85
by Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 7:53 PM
We also worried about finances and my DHsaid there will always be an unexpected bill or the fridge will quit or someone will need stitches you can never find a time that is perfect so we might as well do it and make it work cuz we know we want more kids. He is right!!!
KatLee42513
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 7:55 PM
Lives scary :/ but you gotta go head first and face your fears.

Quoting huntermom85: We also worried about finances and my DHsaid there will always be an unexpected bill or the fridge will quit or someone will need stitches you can never find a time that is perfect so we might as well do it and make it work cuz we know we want more kids. He is right!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)