Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tough subject- MC

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:06 AM
  • 51 Replies
1 mom liked this
How many miscarriages have you had?

I read somewhere that it's easier to deal if you give them a name.

I've had one. I was 5 weeks. I named him Emerson Reece. I knew it would have been a boy. I could just feel it in my heart.
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LaDulceVida
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:14 AM
1 mom liked this
I had one. I was 7 weeks. I just knew it was a boy also. Named him Julio. I'm now 11 wks 2 days with 2nd pregnancy. So excited! Good luck to you.
karaklett
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Congrats!

Quoting LaDulceVida: I had one. I was 7 weeks. I just knew it was a boy also. Named him Julio. I'm now 11 wks 2 days with 2nd pregnancy. So excited! Good luck to you.
gabbyttcgirl
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this
5 total that doesn't include chemicals I've had 2 of those .. I've never given a name to any other than one and I had her. For me it just got easier the more I had.
SECL
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I had a missed miscarriage at 11 weeks.  I carried the baby to almost 14 weeks before I had a D&C because my body didn't pass the baby on it's own.

I named her Ava Grace, but no one really knows that I named her.  I don't know for sure if it was a girl, but I just had a feeling...

I don't know if naming the baby helped, but it makes it feel more real because it was my baby and I loved it already!  Still hurts :'(

mss119
by Maggie on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I've had one miscarriage and the chemicals. Never named any of them, but I did give myself ample grieving time.
acclbentz
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this

One miscarriage. I couldn't bring myself to give him/her a name.

GoldenLinds
by Linds on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:14 AM
4 moms liked this
One miscarriage. 14weeks. Allette. I had already oicked the name. It was the only one I liked but I was going to use it as a middle name. Then I lost her and it was so fitting. Alette means wings in latin.
For some people naming helps. It gives them closure. But for others it makes the lossnto strong ir too real or too personal. Even naming my baby is something very cery pricvate to me. Only a few people know what I named her.
Libby22
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this

I had one at 8 weeks this last September (D&C was at 8 weeks but found out it stopped developing around 6 weeks). I never named it and it helped me, personally, to not think of it as a baby, but a pregnancy that didn't work out *shrug* . It wasn't compatible with life. But I totally get where you're coming from. GL to  you!

StubbsHope
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:22 AM
2 moms liked this

I have had three. one "chemical pregnancy", one at 12 weeks and the last one this past october at 6w 5d. We have been trying for 8 years and no baby yet...

Nicolettaz
by Nicole on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:37 AM
I had one at 5 1/2 weeks . I never named him/her but I think maybe I should. Maybe that would help
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)