Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ovulation and UTI????

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:03 AM
  • 20 Replies

Okay, I have like never had a UTI before. I think when I was a lot younger, but I can't recall it clearly. But on Sunday it started to burn when I peed, not every time but here and there and since then it hasn't gotten worse but I now feel like I have to pee when I don't and still slight burning. I'm going to call the doctor, but could this effect ovulation? I usually ovulate CD14 or CD15 and today is CD15 and still have not had a positive ovulation test. I'm wondering if this is why?

I am ALWAYS the type who lays still for about 15 mins after sex and then goes pee, but on Friday I didn't. I was so tired, it was like 2am so I just went to bed. I never thought just once could give me a UTI, but I am pretty sure that's what this is.

Any insight? I'm kind of worried. I don't want to miss my last chance to TTC for a couple cycles (have to take a break til March).

Wife to a wonderful man, who wants to be a daddy as much as I want to be a mommy. Hopefuly soon! <3

Stalk My Chart =]

Join my Pregnancy Test Tweak Group

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gabbyttcgirl
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:39 AM
Ouch, sounds like it.. If I lay any amount of time I get one. I've never had it delay my O but anything is possible of course
wildcatmom29
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Sadly I have a condition called Interstitial Cystitis that makes me very very prone to UTI's. (and even if I don't have one, IC mimics the symptoms of a UTI so when I have a flare up it feels like the worst UTI of your life but it's not an infection) If I don't get up and pee right after dtd, I will definitely get one. I have at least 5-6 per year minimum even with all the precautions I take. So the UTI and antibiotics won't affect your O, but they could affect implantation possibly. So you want to go and get checked out straight away and get on antibiotics so that it hopefully won't affect that. Also, def tell your doc you're ttc so they'll give you an antibiotic that's safe for pregnancy just in case. 

wildcatmom29
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:47 AM

Oh and feel better and GL!!! :) 

bellanicolexox
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:52 AM

Ouch. Sorry to hear that! Thank you for the help! Maybe then my O is just off this month. It's hard to get a good hold too on my urine. I'm sitting on almost 5 hours though, but I know morning isn't a good time to test, but I'm going to. My DH is on his way with an opk now, i forgot it this morning. I called the doctor and left a message and am waiting for a call back. I'll let them know I'm ttc!

Quoting wildcatmom29:

Sadly I have a condition called Interstitial Cystitis that makes me very very prone to UTI's. (and even if I don't have one, IC mimics the symptoms of a UTI so when I have a flare up it feels like the worst UTI of your life but it's not an infection) If I don't get up and pee right after dtd, I will definitely get one. I have at least 5-6 per year minimum even with all the precautions I take. So the UTI and antibiotics won't affect your O, but they could affect implantation possibly. So you want to go and get checked out straight away and get on antibiotics so that it hopefully won't affect that. Also, def tell your doc you're ttc so they'll give you an antibiotic that's safe for pregnancy just in case. 

Wife to a wonderful man, who wants to be a daddy as much as I want to be a mommy. Hopefuly soon! <3

Stalk My Chart =]

wildcatmom29
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:54 AM

And you never know, it might not be a UTI! If your urine isn't cloudy and doesn't smell, it's probably not. Drink lots of water and cranberry juice. Take an AZO if the pain gets bad - but don't take one right before you're going to the docs office! It screws up the U/A!! And seeing as you've never taken it before ... be forewarned, it turns your pee bright orange and will stain your underwear!! :D 

Nuggit222
by Chrissie on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:55 AM

Hey there. The month I got a UTI, it caused me to O late, like CD21 or 22 so I think it can cause you to O late. I also read that it can effect ovulation but can't remember where. Have you tried to research online at all?

bellanicolexox
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:02 AM

Oh. Really? My pee is normal and doesn't smell. Well all pee smells, lol but nothing different. It just burns to pee and burns a little if I hold it in. Also I feel like I pee when I know I don't have to. I'll go and it dribble a teeny bit and I'm like GAH! lol

Quoting wildcatmom29:

And you never know, it might not be a UTI! If your urine isn't cloudy and doesn't smell, it's probably not. Drink lots of water and cranberry juice. Take an AZO if the pain gets bad - but don't take one right before you're going to the docs office! It screws up the U/A!! And seeing as you've never taken it before ... be forewarned, it turns your pee bright orange and will stain your underwear!! :D 

Stalk My Chart =]

lucky1984
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:06 AM

I'm not sure , I went to doctor Friday and he told me I have a questionable uti, but he wasn't convince so they sent it to off for result. And base off  the opk  last week I o on new yrs eve cd 39 which has never happen so idk. I hope u feel netter 

wildcatmom29
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:11 AM

Well, any inflammation of your bladder or urinary tract can cause that feeling. I go through that all the time with IC. My tip off to an infection is cloudy urine and smell (a different smell than urine! lol). Doesn't hurt to get a UA done at all, it's cheap and you'll know really quickly and can get treated before it gets worse. Not drinking enough water combined with spicy or acidic foods can really irritate the bladder and UT causing those same feelings because your bladder walls and/or UT are rubbing together because they're empty. That's what causes the burning feeling and still feeling like you have to go. There are all sorts of other things that can cause that same irritation. It's horrible, I know!!! Feels like you're trying to pee razor blades and the only thing that makes it better is going to the bathroom, which also hurts even worse. Hate it!!! 

Quoting bellanicolexox:

Oh. Really? My pee is normal and doesn't smell. Well all pee smells, lol but nothing different. It just burns to pee and burns a little if I hold it in. Also I feel like I pee when I know I don't have to. I'll go and it dribble a teeny bit and I'm like GAH! lol

Quoting wildcatmom29:

bellanicolexox
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:12 AM

I was looking everywhere online and couldn't find a solid answer. I guess I'll keep BDing and hope the doc calls back today.

Quoting Nuggit222:

Hey there. The month I got a UTI, it caused me to O late, like CD21 or 22 so I think it can cause you to O late. I also read that it can effect ovulation but can't remember where. Have you tried to research online at all?

Stalk My Chart =]

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)