Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it normal to have these feelings?

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:24 AM
  • 16 Replies

I'll be ten weeks on Friday. I had my last ultrasound on January 2nd, babys heartbeat was 168 bpm, and measuring on schedule. I haven't had nausea, vomiting, etc. The only real pregnancy symptoms I have had is tender and itchy breasts, bloating, and napping (I dont usually nap). Other than that I feel fine. The last two days I felt really good as if I'm not even pregnant. This really scares me! I hear from other ladies that their baby's stop growing or their heart stopped beating with no warning signs. I know I shouldn't overreact unless I have a reason to but I'm so worried about my little bean. 

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dani1009
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm one day behind you & pregnant with twins. My nausea has let up quite a bit, only returning when I'm very hungry. But I'm still pretty tired all day & hungry often. I'm also afraid that something has happened to the babies. It's so stressful & makes me very eager for pur next appointment in 2 weeks. Just cant wait to get far enough that I can feel them moving!
TTCbabyJ
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:19 PM

I'll be 12 weeks in 2weeks, 2days. My next doctor appointment is in 3 weeks. It's so stressful cause the first trimester is when your most likely to miscarry. I was thinking about buying a doppler but my husband thinks it will stress me out more.

Quoting Dani1009: I'm one day behind you & pregnant with twins. My nausea has let up quite a bit, only returning when I'm very hungry. But I'm still pretty tired all day & hungry often. I'm also afraid that something has happened to the babies. It's so stressful & makes me very eager for pur next appointment in 2 weeks. Just cant wait to get far enough that I can feel them moving!

Dani1009
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:56 PM
I think about a Doppler a lot too, but I'd rather not spend money on it & I know I will become dependant on it - don't need that stress. And I've read somewhere that repeated exposure to a Doppler may harm the baby - there isn't enough research to know if long term exposure truly is safe.

Quoting TTCbabyJ:

I'll be 12 weeks in 2weeks, 2days. My next doctor appointment is in 3 weeks. It's so stressful cause the first trimester is when your most likely to miscarry. I was thinking about buying a doppler but my husband thinks it will stress me out more.

Quoting Dani1009: I'm one day behind you & pregnant with twins. My nausea has let up quite a bit, only returning when I'm very hungry. But I'm still pretty tired all day & hungry often. I'm also afraid that something has happened to the babies. It's so stressful & makes me very eager for pur next appointment in 2 weeks. Just cant wait to get far enough that I can feel them moving!

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:35 PM

I have always had easy pregnancies, felt pretty good for the most part! I have had 4 healthy pregnancies and 4 healthy babies! Lord willing this continues for us!!

You may just be one of those lucky Mommas, or you may just handle it better. Some women just like to whine their way through pregnancy LOL

alkakfnxcpoem
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:48 PM
Did you exercise? When I was in the first trimester my nausea and somewhat my exhaustion went away for a few days after I exercised.
TTCbabyJ
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:59 PM
Lol true!

Quoting NoraDun:

I have always had easy pregnancies, felt pretty good for the most part! I have had 4 healthy pregnancies and 4 healthy babies! Lord willing this continues for us!!

You may just be one of those lucky Mommas, or you may just handle it better. Some women just like to whine their way through pregnancy LOL

TTCbabyJ
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:03 PM
I don't exercise much. But I work as an RN on a busy med surg tele floor. I'm on my feet for 12+ hours for three days out of the week. The only time I get tired at work is when I'm sitting down charting then I just get up and check on my patients. So maybe that helps idk?

Quoting alkakfnxcpoem: Did you exercise? When I was in the first trimester my nausea and somewhat my exhaustion went away for a few days after I exercised.
alkakfnxcpoem
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:31 PM
Yeah that could help. Man you are in for some hard times...I work on a psych unit as a counselor and am usually on my feet most of the eight hour shift. When I was in the later second and third trimester, it felt like I'd been on my feet for 7 hours after an hour or two. All I can say is STRETCH! It prevents the Charlie horses :)

Quoting TTCbabyJ: I don't exercise much. But I work as an RN on a busy med surg tele floor. I'm on my feet for 12+ hours for three days out of the week. The only time I get tired at work is when I'm sitting down charting then I just get up and check on my patients. So maybe that helps idk?

Quoting alkakfnxcpoem: Did you exercise? When I was in the first trimester my nausea and somewhat my exhaustion went away for a few days after I exercised.
TTCbabyJ
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:37 PM
I've heard. There's another nurse I work with that's 6 months and she says it physically hurts her to walk now during her shift. She says it's her lower back. I'm planning on working for as long as I can handle it lol.

Quoting alkakfnxcpoem: Yeah that could help. Man you are in for some hard times...I work on a psych unit as a counselor and am usually on my feet most of the eight hour shift. When I was in the later second and third trimester, it felt like I'd been on my feet for 7 hours after an hour or two. All I can say is STRETCH! It prevents the Charlie horses :)

Quoting TTCbabyJ: I don't exercise much. But I work as an RN on a busy med surg tele floor. I'm on my feet for 12+ hours for three days out of the week. The only time I get tired at work is when I'm sitting down charting then I just get up and check on my patients. So maybe that helps idk?

teena2007
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:38 PM
I feel like I coulda wrote this myself!!!!!! I am the EXACT same way......only symptom was sleepy/ naps.....I have felt more energetic the past couple days.........I had a ultrasound today right around 9 weeks and everything is fine.....its normal to worry......

Quoting TTCbabyJ:

I'll be ten weeks on Friday. I had my last ultrasound on January 2nd, babys heartbeat was 168 bpm, and measuring on schedule. I haven't had nausea, vomiting, etc. The only real pregnancy symptoms I have had is tender and itchy breasts, bloating, and napping (I dont usually nap). Other than that I feel fine. The last two days I felt really good as if I'm not even pregnant. This really scares me! I hear from other ladies that their baby's stop growing or their heart stopped beating with no warning signs. I know I shouldn't overreact unless I have a reason to but I'm so worried about my little bean. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)