Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT: Cruises

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:59 PM
  • 24 Replies
So random, but just saw a Disney Cruise commercial!

Have you been on a cruise? I have not. Dh's family is very into boating and crabbing and all that jazz. I'm cool with it on a lake or the Chesapeake for the week, going out a couple hours a day. I am not sure id be ok with a cruise ship....

Where did you go? I know you have destinations you go to, what's your suggestion or experiences?

I'm thinking me and my man have got a vacation in store to relieve some of life's difficulties...*cough catching these eggs cough*

If you didn't enjoy your cruise tell me why! Maybe we outta stick to land base.
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ARClay
by Alyssa on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:01 PM
I'm in the same boat (pun not intended lol) as you. I want to but too scared. Lol
Libby22
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:04 PM

I went on a cruise (Key West and Cozumel). It was fun but I would probably never do one again unless I went higher end (it was Carnival *barf*). First off, I do NOT like being told when I have to eat dinner. I also don't like crowds and the buffet was a constant crowd so I ended up having a deli sandwich for lunch every single day. A balcony is a MUST it was the only thing I liked. I only had fun because I was with a bunch of friends and DH and we made fun of how crappy everything was the whole time.

MommytoangelE07
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:05 PM
Lol!! Yup I just don't wanna book it then be miserable or get off that boat and be rocking for a month straight

Quoting ARClay: I'm in the same boat (pun not intended lol) as you. I want to but too scared. Lol
Libby22
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this

That's why a cabin on an upper deck and a balcony is a MUST. I actually slept really good on my cruise, but that could also have been because I got drunk every night lol

Quoting MommytoangelE07: Lol!! Yup I just don't wanna book it then be miserable or get off that boat and be rocking for a month straight

Quoting ARClay: I'm in the same boat (pun not intended lol) as you. I want to but too scared. Lol

MommytoangelE07
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:06 PM
No carnival cruises... Check! Lol

This just makes me say nooo thank you.

Quoting Libby22:

I went on a cruise (Key West and Cozumel). It was fun but I would probably never do one again unless I went higher end (it was Carnival *barf*). First off, I do NOT like being told when I have to eat dinner. I also don't like crowds and the buffet was a constant crowd so I ended up having a deli sandwich for lunch every single day. A balcony is a MUST it was the only thing I liked. I only had fun because I was with a bunch of friends and DH and we made fun of how crappy everything was the whole time.

ARClay
by Alyssa on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:06 PM
DH and I both get motion sickness so that's one thing we worry about!

Quoting MommytoangelE07: Lol!! Yup I just don't wanna book it then be miserable or get off that boat and be rocking for a month straight

bellanicolexox
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:07 PM
Not yet. But I want to go on a Mediterranean cruise!!
MommytoangelE07
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:09 PM
Oh gosh that's awful.. I get it sometimes while riding in a car. (I really think it depends on the driver for me lol)

Quoting ARClay: DH and I both get motion sickness so that's one thing we worry about!

Libby22
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:09 PM

I've heard good things about Norwegian and some of the higher end boats. I would never do Carnival again even if you paid me lol. The staff sucked, the boat was straight from Reno circa 1985, the food wasn't that great and the at-sea days bored me to tears.... Well, mostly because I'm not the biggest day drinker and I hate waiting in lines for the "attractions."

Cruises are good if you have a big group (family or friends) that you want to hang out with. There's lots to do for everyone but you can still meet up whenever. But honestly, I had WAY more fun in Aruba and Costa Rica. No need to be confined to a boat!

Quoting MommytoangelE07: No carnival cruises... Check! Lol

This just makes me say nooo thank you.

Quoting Libby22:

MommytoangelE07
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:10 PM
This sounds lovely!!! Those are the ones that intrigue me.. The awesome destinations and entertainment

Quoting bellanicolexox: Not yet. But I want to go on a Mediterranean cruise!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)