Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

doctor/update

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:09 PM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this
I know I have not been TTC for as long as some ladies in here, but I love the love everyone gives. so my dh and I have been ttc since September (stopped taking my pills that month) and I have not seen af since. the test I have taken have all come back negative and I really have no symptoms of being pregnant. I read online that u should consult with u doctor if u have not had a period after 3 months. so I have made a doctors appointment for Friday to maybe see if there is a underlying issue or just my body still adjusting. I am a little anxious about the appointment and have a slight idea what they will do but not sure what to think. anyone have a similar experience or story to share about their first visit to the doc about ttc? so I am calling my doctor appointment a success. she addressed my concerns about not having a period for three months and sent me for blood work. I am having my thyroid and a few other hormone levels checked and a blood pregnancy test. if all comes back good as far as the hormone levels she is gonna send me for an ultra sound to check to see if I possibly have PCOS and if I do she will start me on medicine. what are some of your lovely ladies stories with PCOS and TTC?
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Libby22
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I didn't have a period after coming off BC either. My gyno prescribed me Provera to jump start it (which actually didn't work). What kind of doctor are you seeing?

ARClay
by Alyssa on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I didn't have a problem getting my period after stopping the pill, but it did take 8 cycles (9 calendar months) to finally regulate. I fully believe the only reason they became regular is because I took vitex. Before that I would have a 29 day cycle, then 35, then 30, then 45. It was crazy. I would spot all the time too. Once I started taking vitex and regulated myself to ~28 days, I haven't had spotting at all unless it was AF related. Just a thought... You may want to consider getting some.
AH0903
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:16 PM
right now my primary, they do paps. but I have a feeling I will b referred out to an OBGYN during my visit. depending on what happens. and that is just a guess.
Larsbug
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I am seeing my doctor on the 23rd because I haven't had an actual period since DS1 was born (almost 5 years)...I still conceived 2 kids but I had problems with progesterone with my second so this time around I am seeing my doctor. Good luck!

AH0903
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:54 PM
Libby - so u did not have a period and r currently excepting if I remember, right? or did they switch u to something else or af just happened naturally?
AH0903
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:56 PM
Alyssa - so u got on vitex to regulate ur cycle. have u had any side effects from the vitex? mood swings or anything like that?
AH0903
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:58 PM
Larsbug - ur story is amazing. how long did it take u to conceive?
Libby22
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:15 PM

I started seeing an RE that just bypassed the whole "force a period" thing. He started me on Clomid, and I eventually switched to Femara and Ovidrel trigger shot. I got a BFP with medication but had to get a D&C in September. After that I must have randomly ovulated on my own because I got pregnant again with no period between. This lil guy's going strong too.

Even when I was on medicated cycles my period was always SUPER light and short. almost like they weren't really periods.

Quoting AH0903: Libby - so u did not have a period and r currently excepting if I remember, right? or did they switch u to something else or af just happened naturally?

AH0903
by Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Libby- thank u so much for sharing, and congrats - praying for a very hh 9 months for u dear. :) so exciting!!
Libby22
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:22 PM

Just a little tip for the forum, if you "quote" the person you're replying to, they'll see a message pop up at the top of the screen. That way they'll know to check your reply!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)