Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

clomid?

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:27 PM
  • 4 Replies
Hey ladies how many of you got pregnant with the help of clomid? How many resulted in mulitples? I'm just curious twins run in my family already but I was diagnosed woth PCOS and my Dr is talking about clomid and ive HEARD that clomid usually causes the body to drop more then one egg so I'm curious... Thanks (:
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ARClay
by Alyssa on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:34 PM
Clomid has a slightly higher risk of multiples than the normal population but it's still 10% or less. If you're really concerned you could ask your dr about Femara. It does the same thing clomid does but has less of a risk of multiples.
momof1want1mor
by Jenny ;) on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:38 PM

I think it's like a 3% chance of twins and then less than 1/2% for more than twins. SO, likely but not too terribly likely. If you have twins in your family then it might make your chances slightly higher, but I'm not sure on that, Good luck to you though hon ;)

ArmyWife61411
by Hallie on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:41 PM

Took 50 mg of Clomid CD 5-9 and pregnant with just 1 little baby. The chance of multiple are there but it doesn't increase by a ton. Either way, it would be a blessing =D

ArmyWife90
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks ladies I would be more then happy with 1 or 5 lol ok maybe not 5 ... but babies are blessings all their own I was just curious to hear others stories.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)