Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Went to the RE today

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:31 PM
  • 2 Replies

At first when I was telling her what had happened that lead to getting referred to her, 100mg clomid no O.  Had to take provera to start my last period for the second cycle of clomid etc, she seemed genuinely confused as to why I had been referred as we only tried the 2 cycles and there is still an additional dose I can take. . . Well then she looks turns out my OB had diagnosed me with PCOS BACK IN SEPTEMBER and just didn't bother mentioning it. Also my OB never ordered the needed lab work to give the diagnosis nor did she order the needed labs to see what the best treatment option was. Apparently Clomid as great a drug as it is won't work if your free T and DHEA are too high without an additional steroid. So the RE ordered a few labs and said she (herself as in not a nurse but the actual doctor) will call me tomorrow to discuss the labs and decide on the treatment plan from here on out. 

So looks like I'll be looking for another OB for when I get my BFP. But we will be keeping this RE.  

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Libby22
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 2:35 PM

Glad you found someone thorough!! I dropped my gyno like a bad habit after I demanded a referral to an RE. She was dismissive and unhelpful.

GL with the diagnosis and the treatment plan!

bookworm326
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:09 PM

I was pretty surprised because I had such a rapport with my OB. She never seemed dissmissive. I was actually upset when she referred me to the RE because we hadn't made it through her treatment plan and I felt like it was throwing in the towel. But none of the paperwork indicated any diagnosis other than Abnormal Uterine bleeding. I'm glad to have answers and a clear idea of what will come next. I also am glad I won't feel bad choosing a midwife over my OB. 

Quoting Libby22:

Glad you found someone thorough!! I dropped my gyno like a bad habit after I demanded a referral to an RE. She was dismissive and unhelpful.

GL with the diagnosis and the treatment plan!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)