Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ultrasounds and Ovulation

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:19 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this
Can the ultrasound really see if I ovulated? Like I could ask the technician tomorrow if I ovulated or if I'm going to and she might be able to tell? Most times they won't tell you anything but maybe they will tell me this since it's not an ultrasound for that. It's one to check for cysts. Gah! Lol.
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lmallonee
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I've had them before back to back do they could def tell... I bet they can tell though either way though... Worth a try!
Libby22
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:34 PM
3 moms liked this
Yes they can tell. The follicle should take a different shape after rupture. When I got pregnant they were able to tell me I ovulated from the left side. GL tomorrow!!
EAzizM
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 3:32 AM
This. Before O they can see follies but there is no way to know when they will burst.

Quoting Libby22: Yes they can tell. The follicle should take a different shape after rupture. When I got pregnant they were able to tell me I ovulated from the left side. GL tomorrow!!

Ourbabygoals
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 4:53 AM
The US tech told me I O'd from R side my last US.
mama2lilboys
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 5:12 AM
Idk but good luck hon!!!
Careeka22
by Caitlin on Jan. 9, 2014 at 8:45 AM

When I had mine done that I mentioned they just told me I was about to ovulate from the left side and the folicle was 16mm. They normally burst around 20mm but it varies. They can't tell you when it will happen but give you a good idea. Then if you DID ovulate they can tell you what side it occured from but probably not when it happened. Like at my 8 week US the tech told me the pregnancy came from the left ovary which is exactly what the original tech told me :-). GL!!

gabbyttcgirl
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 9:58 AM
Yup you can :)
tluvsd2
by TONI on Jan. 9, 2014 at 1:08 PM
I WENT TO THE ER SATURDAY THINKN I HAD A CYST NOTHING BUT SHE SAID I WAS CLOSE TO OING AND SHE SAW A FEW FOLLIES NOT YET BUT FEELN CLOSE GOOD LUCK!!!
Hopen
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 9:29 PM
I am 6 weeks today AND the ultrasound tech was able to tell me the baby came from the right ovary! UNBELIEVABLE! Technology and the body is amazing!
bellanicolexox
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 10:31 PM
She told me she couldn't tell. Either she really couldn't or she lied. Oh well.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)