Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Update*Was your AF different after taking Clomid?

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 11:13 PM
  • 15 Replies
Oh my gosh! Having horrible cramps on my first day of AF. I took Clomid this last cycle. Could that be a reason? Haven't had cramps like this with AF in a long time. Hopefully the rest of the week is not this sucky.

*update* AF is a bitch!!! Tmi but it's so heavy and I just passed a huge clot!! This absolutely sucks. I called off from work today because I didn't want to be going to the restroom every half hour. Lol.

Anyways, I haven't had the chance to respond to everyone because honestly I feel so shitty. But, thank you to all of you who responded and gave advice. It's nice to know for anyone on Clomid that there are even side effects in your next cycle after taking it. Lol. Thank you all again. :-)
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 11:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WishingAway
by Angela on Jan. 12, 2014 at 11:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes definitely and however many days O is pushed back so will af .
rockcrazyrebel
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this
My AF was late but I'm sure I O'd on either day 14 or 15 because of my ultrasound. I have read that Clomid can make your AF late. Either way, this sucks. Lol.

Quoting WishingAway: Yes definitely and however many days O is pushed back so will af .
WishingAway
by Angela on Jan. 12, 2014 at 11:23 PM
2 moms liked this
Worth it though. I tried a little over 3 years told I could never had kids they pushed for hysterectomy at 22..i didn't give up 4th painful Round of clomid. Pregnant :) he's 4.5 months old!

Quoting rockcrazyrebel: My AF was late but I'm sure I O'd on either day 14 or 15 because of my ultrasound. I have read that Clomid can make your AF late. Either way, this sucks. Lol.

Quoting WishingAway: Yes definitely and however many days O is pushed back so will af .
mrsbrimer
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this
My very first cycle.of clomid AF came 10 days early and my doc has no idea why... 2nd cycle I Od on cycle day 17 and AF came on CD 31. This is cycle #3 on clomid and I'm on CD 14 today! Hoping to O soon. I didn't notice any cramps though.
rockcrazyrebel
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this
That's awesome! Congrats. That gives me some hope definitely. :-)

Quoting WishingAway: Worth it though. I tried a little over 3 years told I could never had kids they pushed for hysterectomy at 22..i didn't give up 4th painful Round of clomid. Pregnant :) he's 4.5 months old!

Quoting rockcrazyrebel: My AF was late but I'm sure I O'd on either day 14 or 15 because of my ultrasound. I have read that Clomid can make your AF late. Either way, this sucks. Lol.

rockcrazyrebel
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 11:26 PM
Do they give you an ultrasound every month?

Quoting mrsbrimer: My very first cycle.of clomid AF came 10 days early and my doc has no idea why... 2nd cycle I Od on cycle day 17 and AF came on CD 31. This is cycle #3 on clomid and I'm on CD 14 today! Hoping to O soon. I didn't notice any cramps though.
mrsbrimer
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 11:29 PM
Well the first cycle yes to see what was going on cuz of the weird AF ... after the ultrasound she said all my cysts were gone! So she wanted to check me the next cycle as well to see if I did ovulate.. and I did! She confirmed it and it wasn't too many follicles so I don't have to do more ultrasounds unless she increases my clomid.. so she wants to try 6 cycles of 50mg and then I'll go up to 100mg for 5 cycles. Lol its so complicated

Quoting rockcrazyrebel: Do they give you an ultrasound every month?

Quoting mrsbrimer: My very first cycle.of clomid AF came 10 days early and my doc has no idea why... 2nd cycle I Od on cycle day 17 and AF came on CD 31. This is cycle #3 on clomid and I'm on CD 14 today! Hoping to O soon. I didn't notice any cramps though.
rockcrazyrebel
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 11:32 PM
I don't think I will do too many cycles on Clomid. I've read that over 6 cycles is not good. But, who knows for sure, right? I'll have to ask my doctor about it. I hope you get your BFP super soon!! :-)

Quoting mrsbrimer: Well the first cycle yes to see what was going on cuz of the weird AF ... after the ultrasound she said all my cysts were gone! So she wanted to check me the next cycle as well to see if I did ovulate.. and I did! She confirmed it and it wasn't too many follicles so I don't have to do more ultrasounds unless she increases my clomid.. so she wants to try 6 cycles of 50mg and then I'll go up to 100mg for 5 cycles. Lol its so complicated

mrsbrimer
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you! I haven't heard anything like that.. my doc says its usually very successful on the 3rd-5th cycle

Quoting rockcrazyrebel: I don't think I will do too many cycles on Clomid. I've read that over 6 cycles is not good. But, who knows for sure, right? I'll have to ask my doctor about it. I hope you get your BFP super soon!! :-)

Quoting mrsbrimer: Well the first cycle yes to see what was going on cuz of the weird AF ... after the ultrasound she said all my cysts were gone! So she wanted to check me the next cycle as well to see if I did ovulate.. and I did! She confirmed it and it wasn't too many follicles so I don't have to do more ultrasounds unless she increases my clomid.. so she wants to try 6 cycles of 50mg and then I'll go up to 100mg for 5 cycles. Lol its so complicated

Tia_23
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 12:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes it did
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)