Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think it's time..

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:39 AM
  • 16 Replies
4 moms liked this

to introduce myself :)

My name is Jessica. I am 29 and married to my high school sweetheart. We have 3 boys together. They are 9, 7 and 5 months. It took us more than 3 years to conceive my youngest son. We started trying in the spring of 2009 and I got my BFP in December 2012.  I had a doctor who was unwilling to help me. I was charting and temping and could tell I wasn't ovulating but he wouldn't listen to me. I tried Soy Iso for a few months (In fact you may see the thread I started years ago "The Official Soy Isoflavones Post" float to the front page every once in a while) but after 3 or 4 months with no success I stopped taking it. 

We do not feel like we are "done" with just our three kids and would like one or two more, which is why I am here. The long, excruciating wait last time, has made us decide not to wait very long to start TTC again. We are not ready just yet, but plan on starting in June. I plan on consulting with a new doctor and seeing if I can get some sort of help straight off the bat this time. I don't think I can handle another 3 years of trying.

So it is obviously not June yet, but until then I will still be in here. I just want to be around to be supportive of you fine ladies and help in any way that I can, whether it be tweaking tests, or sharing knowledge.

Lots of love and baby dust to you all. I can't wait to watch each of you get your well deserved BFPs!!

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hisbabydoll40
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Awww, sweet!!!  Thanks Hun

tryingfor7
by Amber on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:42 AM
Welcome! Gl n baby dust!
ashli488
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:46 AM
Hi! Im ashley and i have 1 child a dd named Hunter. She will be 4 in march. Me and dh have been ttc on and off for the past 2 years. Right now we are off ttc again since he is deployed and will start again around summertime. I had a m/c back in april 2013 so im hoping that we get a sticky bean when he gets home. We also have 2 cats named chicken and biscuit and a betta fish named gravy.
ARClay
by Alyssa on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:04 AM
Hi Jessica! Welcome back.
ajnreidsmama
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:09 AM

Thank you! Lots of luck and baby dust to you as well!

Quoting tryingfor7: Welcome! Gl n baby dust!

ajnreidsmama
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:11 AM

Hi Ashley. Your pets have such great names! I hope that you guys get lucky straight away after your hubby's home from his deployment!! 

Quoting ashli488: Hi! Im ashley and i have 1 child a dd named Hunter. She will be 4 in march. Me and dh have been ttc on and off for the past 2 years. Right now we are off ttc again since he is deployed and will start again around summertime. I had a m/c back in april 2013 so im hoping that we get a sticky bean when he gets home. We also have 2 cats named chicken and biscuit and a betta fish named gravy.

ajnreidsmama
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:11 AM

Thank you Alyssa!

Quoting ARClay: Hi Jessica! Welcome back.

Coqui17
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:15 AM

Hi! Welcome back! I have gone back to your SI quote several times. 

So, since you didnt feel you were ovulating, what do you think helped you get pregnant?

ajnreidsmama
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:22 AM

My best explanation for it is something my 10th grade bio teacher used to always say "Even a broken clock is right twice a day". I think that my body just decided to "work" that month. I had stopped temping and charting. My husband and I were happy and enjoying eachother. I did notice fertile CM which I pretty much never do, and I even made mention of it to my DH, but didn't read to much into it. A couple weeks later I was feeling "off" and queasy and took a test. I was honestly expecting it to be negative. I don't know what made me ovulate that month, but I am so grateful for it. 

I have been tracking my cycles again (not temping though) and from what I can tell so far I am back on the same track as before. Long cycles (42-50 days) and no signs of ovulation.

Quoting Coqui17:

So, since you didnt feel you were ovulating, what do you think helped you get pregnant?

Coqui17
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:33 AM

Wow. That is crazy. I think I am ovulating (I get the cramping and spotting), but three rounds of clomid got me nowhere but stressed. We decided to take a break, for our sanity, and I started temping so when we are ready, I have a history. I will try the SI in March again, but I am enjoying the break. The ladies on here are AWESOME and have helped and taught me so much!

Quoting ajnreidsmama:

My best explanation for it is something my 10th grade bio teacher used to always say "Even a broken clock is right twice a day". I think that my body just decided to "work" that month. I had stopped temping and charting. My husband and I were happy and enjoying eachother. I did notice fertile CM which I pretty much never do, and I even made mention of it to my DH, but didn't read to much into it. A couple weeks later I was feeling "off" and queasy and took a test. I was honestly expecting it to be negative. I don't know what made me ovulate that month, but I am so grateful for it. 

I have been tracking my cycles again (not temping though) and from what I can tell so far I am back on the same track as before. Long cycles (42-50 days) and no signs of ovulation.

Quoting Coqui17:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)