Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My story!

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:10 AM
Mel
  • 5 Replies
2 moms liked this

Hello, my name is Melissa, I am 24, DH is 25, years old and from Massachusetts. I love living here and having four seasons, fall is my favorite (: Also, the Patriots are not doing too shabby either...lol

I met my DH April 7, 2011. We met on the online dating site "Plenty of Fish", I had an apartment with one of my friends at the time. When he came to the door she knew him! They had gone to high school together so she could vouch for his character and him being a good person. Seven days later I had just gotten out of work at 10pm and I was bugging him to come over, even though it was late and he was tired, because I wanted Taco Bell. After some time on the phone he agreed to come over. I had bought him at work a little Easter bowling set as a joke because he was on a bowling leauge at the time. He loved the gift and then said "You know, I wouldn't just do this for anyone, I'd do it for my girlfriend, let's go get some Taco Bell." Wicked romantic, I know. One month later in May 2011 we both just realized that we had found our soulmate and we got engaged. This is us around that time:

We were originally going to get married that same September on 09/10/11, but our parents promised us a big wedding if we waited another year. So we went out on a nice date on 09/10/11 so the date still felt special. Here is us on that day, do not mind my messy counters, haha, oh the joy of roomates:

We moved from my apartment into our own apartment in November 2011 and we waited until 09/08/12 and got married (:

In March 2013 we started TTC. I had a 91 day cycle that month and they found a  mass on my right ovary. It ended up being a lemon sized mass. In July of 2013 we moved to a two-bedroom duplex. 09/08/13 was our fist anniversary:

09/19/13 was my laperoscopy. I was diagnosed with PCOS end Endometriosis afterwards. November was round one of Clomid, December was round two, and I am currently on round three. DH's SA came back slightly low count and motility. 

We are so ready to be parents and start that journey together (:

Oh and I work in child care at the YMCA and DH is a licensed plumber.

and that is me (:

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Ourbabygoals
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:16 AM
Awwww we married 9/10/11!!! :)
Careeka22
by Caitlin on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:18 AM

Boo Patriots ; ). You guys are sooo cute together! Thanks for sharing.

Nuggit222
by Chrissie on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:25 AM

I was married 9/29/12 so not long after you guys. Sounds like you were love at first sight almost, very sweet;) Wishing you lots of luck in your TTC journey! Oh and baby dust, oodles and oodles of baby dust!

misskriss10
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:31 AM
You guys are adorable!
SECL
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:41 AM

aw you two are cute! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)