Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dr appt Monday! - Update

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:34 AM
  • 1 Replies

I started my last period on Dec 9. It lasted 9 days. I spotted Dec 25-28, Jan 4-6, and have been spotting since the 9th. It's just once a day only when I wipe (until yesterday there was more). Not sure if I maybe have an infection or what, but going to the doc Monday and see what's going on.

I also plan on seeing if they can run some tests to see why I don't produce eggs that often. My insurance covers "diagnosis and treatment of the underlying cause of infertility only" but then it states it doesn't cover  "Health services and associated expenses for infertility treatments, including assisted reproductive technology, regardless of the reason for the treatment". I was hoping to see about Clomid. It took me 6 months with my son to get pregnant, but then tried for a year after him but never did get pregnant. At the time I was 20/21. Now that I am 30 I was hoping not to have to wait the year that is required. From what I have seen is up until mid-30s you have to wait a year.

This is really only my 2nd month of ttc. So I'm still in the early stages. I do have a limit on how long bc I would like to have 2 close together, but if it takes too long I may not have any more :(

I didn't end up seeing my doctor. I do have a bladder infection which the doc says she is pretty sure that is what is causing my spotting. She prescribed an antibiotic that you can take while pregnant just in case. Told me to take a pregnancy test next week, the pee test today was negative. Asked about regulating my period and she said the only thing she could do is put me on birth control to regulate it but then that would defeat the point of ttc. I hope my doc comes back soon!

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
hypnautica
by Jennifer on Jan. 16, 2014 at 1:25 PM

Most docs will not run test nor give you anything until you have been trying to at least a year. Until then do some research on natural stuff that can help. Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)