Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

the nastiest question, EVER . totally TMI

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 1:05 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this
OK this has been on my mind ... me and dh have been doing it a lot this cycle and I just need to know... how do you tell the difference between cm and "leftover" stuff from dh? I can't tell if I'm having ewcm or its from last night. Lol.
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ARClay
by Alyssa on Jan. 16, 2014 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this

EWCM is usually clear. Also, they say the semen will soak into the toilet paper and the EWCM will "sit" on top of the tp. And the last one, which I haven't been able to ever confirm, is that the EWCM will form a ball and sink to the bottom of the toilet. Well I can't confirm that because DH's semen sinks too. But I can usually tell because mine gets clear and slimy, and it has a distinct feel that is just different than his stuff.

mss119
by Maggie on Jan. 16, 2014 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree, semen is usually cloudy where my ewcm is generally very clear. Also, semen dries kind of sticky/tacky, where ewcm not so much for me.
mrsbrimer
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 1:35 PM
Thank u thank u, I'm gonna look for those differences !!
Mom2five87
by Jen on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:03 PM
3 moms liked this

I know this is gross but smell it. When you wipe and you see it on the tp, do a quick sniff test. LOL. If it has a noticeable smell, it is probably semen. Semen has a very distinct smell.

mss119
by Maggie on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh yeah! Can't believe I forgot to say that lol. Semen smells kind of like very diluted chlorine or bleach, but a bit earthier, if that makes sense?

Quoting Mom2five87:

I know this is gross but smell it. When you wipe and you see it on the tp, do a quick sniff test. LOL. If it has a noticeable smell, it is probably semen. Semen has a very distinct smell.

karaklett
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:43 PM

Whatever happened with your test yesterday? Did you retest?

Nuggit222
by Chrissie on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:49 PM

That's a great question! I was wondering that this morning since I BD'd this morning!

kendraamornot
by Kendra on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:49 PM
2 moms liked this
This is was I do lol and boy do I think his stuff stinks

Quoting Mom2five87:

mrsbrimer
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:50 PM
Yea it was an indent I think . I barely ovulated last night lol

Quoting karaklett:

Whatever happened with your test yesterday? Did you retest?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)