Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All about me

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:34 PM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this
I might as well jump on the bandwagon. I'm sure no one even remembers my original intro. Plus I never really got in depth. So here goes...

My name is Alyssa. I'm originally from eastern Ohio. DH is from Alabama, where we currently live. I went to college and did ROTC, and I went into the Army (active duty) straight out of college. I did my training and was stationed at Fort Campbell, KY. While stationed there my unit deployed to Iraq. They selected me to stay in Kuwait for half of the year as a liaison for deploying soldiers. That is where I met my husband. We worked together in Kuwait, became good friends (nothing more because we were both taken at the time).

Then he was sent home due to a sports injury and I was sent back to my unit in Iraq. We kept in touch sporadically after that. A couple of years later he invited me to his house for his birthday party. I had nothing going on at the time and had just split with my boyfriend. So I said what the heck. It was about a 3.5 hour drive to his house in Alabama, so I packed up my Yorkie and went to his house for the weekend. Turns out I was the only one to show up for his party because there was a horrible rain storm the entire weekend. But it couldn't have been better. It was pretty much our first date. After that we were inseparable. We spent every weekend together, and I moved to be with him a few months later after I got off active duty.

We got married in April 2012 and have been trying to have a baby ever since. He has one daughter (6yo), and we have custody of her.
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 2:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
momof1want1mor
by Jenny ;) on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:20 PM
That's a sweet story :) I wondered how y'all met and that's sweet like it was meant to be :)
ARClay
by Alyssa on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:26 PM
:) yeah it all fell in line I guess.

Quoting momof1want1mor: That's a sweet story :) I wondered how y'all met and that's sweet like it was meant to be :)
Mom2five87
by Jen on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Aww : )
olivejuice2
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Aw what a great story. I hope you get your bfp soon, baby dust!
karaklett
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this

That is a sweet story!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)