Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First OPK 1-16-14

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:07 PM
  • 5 Replies
2 moms liked this

Today I took my very first OPK, ever. I'm on CD12, and I was wondering if any of you have a guess as to when I'll get a true positive. 

Here are the pictures from the OPK I took today, at the 3 minute mark:

Original

And here's the tweaked one so you all can see the lines better.

I need to get some more, since I only had this one test. DH was in a hurry at the store because he had to leave for work so he only grabbed one test for me. I told him I'd have to test at least once a day on multiple days until I got a true positivem, so he said if I needed more he'd get them tomorrow. :) Also, he was so funny because he asked me, "Those have to be positive? They don't tell you a day or something?" I was like, "No.. See, look on the box." Then I read what it said about reading the results. He then told me that the tests should give you a range like 1-2 days until ovulation or something like that, he also said that the OPKs were too much trouble, lol. Guys are silly. 

Anyway, thanks for looking ladies, sorry I got a bit off topic there at the end, lol. Hope you all are having a good day & baby dust to you all! :)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Caleib08
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:10 PM
It is fairly close. You should get a pos. within a day or so :)
gabbyttcgirl
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:11 PM

Ok first don't tweak OPK they are what they are you don't want a false line darkness..

Also there is really no way to tell when you will O from now, they can get darker and lighter your whole cycle until the surge kicks in 

Just keep testing

How long is your cycle normally?? that's a good GUESS to when I may happen

trying365
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:13 PM

Wait till the test line gets darker like as dark as the control line or darker but make sure you test everyday from today on for a week to make sure you BD during ovulation. 

meggera007
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:19 PM

Oh okay, see, I didn't know that you shouldn't tweak the OPKs, my bad. This is the first time I've ever used one so I wasn't sure. My camera didn't help too much either when I took the pic. That was the best picture I could get so yeah. Thanks for letting me know. 

I'm still going to keep testing, so hopefully we will catch the surge. :) 

My cycles are 34 days on average.

Quoting gabbyttcgirl:

Ok first don't tweak OPK they are what they are you don't want a false line darkness..

Also there is really no way to tell when you will O from now, they can get darker and lighter your whole cycle until the surge kicks in 

Just keep testing

kendraamornot
by Kendra on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:40 PM
Thats rubbish u can tweek ur opk if ur tweaking the whole test including the control line because when u tweek tge control line gets darker to so idk what shes talkin bout lbvs

Quoting meggera007:

Oh okay, see, I didn't know that you shouldn't tweak the OPKs, my bad. This is the first time I've ever used one so I wasn't sure. My camera didn't help too much either when I took the pic. That was the best picture I could get so yeah. Thanks for letting me know. 

I'm still going to keep testing, so hopefully we will catch the surge. :) 

My cycles are 34 days on average.

Quoting gabbyttcgirl:

Just keep testing

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)