Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Bandwagon

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:40 PM
  • 12 Replies
3 moms liked this

I thought I would jump on board and do an introduction post. They have been fun so what the heck.

I'm Lindsay, 30, live in Northwest Arkansas, home of the WalMart. I have a 2.5 yr old son who is chaos personified. Always has been. He was walking at 9 months and climbing anything halfway solid by 10. ITs been nonstop since then. I m currently with my greatest love, Richard. He is the most wonderful, caring man, super supportive and a wonderful father to my son and his twin boys.

When I was 3 years old I told my mom i wanted to be a ballerina. When I was 4 years old I told her I wanted to deliver babies. And when I was 5 years old I told her I just wanted to be a mommy. These are really the only thing I have ever wanted to do.

I recently began apprenticing to become a midwife and work with my Aunt. I love it and I get a baby fix now and then; like today, got to spend an hour with a 6 wk old baby girl. I teach ballet during the week as well. I was hard core for a long time and spent a lot of time in some of the most prestigious schools in the country but i injured my back at 19 and that was kinda the end of that.

I became a mom to my son when he was born but I was a mommy for many years before that. When I began dating my ex husband he discovered that he was about to be a father and I immediately accepted that child into my life. I raised her from the time she was 3 days old until he reclaimed custody of her when she was almost 6. I haven't seen her in 2 years and miss her terribly all the time.

I have currently been ttc about 6 months. We desperately wanta baby girl. We have agreed to having one child. If its a boy then we will adopt out of the foster system to get our girl.

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Larsbug
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:42 PM

welcome!

MiCKIE72
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi,just wanted to say adopting from fostercare is awesome! I've done so many times :-)
GoldenLinds
by Linds on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:53 PM

Yes it is! My best friends mom has done so many times.

Quoting MiCKIE72: Hi,just wanted to say adopting from fostercare is awesome! I've done so many times :-)

MiCKIE72
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:02 PM
I just posted my story :-)

Quoting GoldenLinds:

Yes it is! My best friends mom has done so many times.

Quoting MiCKIE72: Hi,just wanted to say adopting from fostercare is awesome! I've done so many times :-)

tryingfor7
by Amber on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:06 PM
2 moms liked this
We got our dd via foster care!:)

karaklett
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 2:32 AM
Cute! And you're also a whovian!
GoldenLinds
by Linds on Jan. 17, 2014 at 10:40 AM
Yes!! I am a terrible whovian:-) its a family thing. My dad used to watch. Now me and my brothers watch.

Quoting karaklett: Cute! And you're also a whovian!
over40bride
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 10:45 AM

Love your story! Thanks for sharing.

GoldenLinds
by Linds on Jan. 17, 2014 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you dear. I tried to keep it short lol

Quoting over40bride:

Love your story! Thanks for sharing.

Traci2012
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this

It's nice getting to know more about you and the others who post their story. Good luck getting that baby (girl!).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)