Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Physical and emotional pain

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:16 PM
  • 9 Replies
I am having much worse pain from my surgery today than yesterday. Shoulders throbbing and stomach cramping. Movement is a chore. I had a lot of scar tissue and the doctor removed as much as she could. Does that mean there was just too much? That having another kid is not in my future? And DH is a good man but void of emotion. Sometimes I wonder if he really even wants another child. Just having a bad day here. Maybe the pain will ease up tomorrow. Maybe I am reading into the doctors words too much. Follow up is not until the 28th. We will find out then. Sorry for my pity party but I have no one to talk to and it does help to share.
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
GwenMB
by Gwen on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:29 PM

(((hugs)))  I hope youfeel better in the morning!  Men just don't know how to express themselves very well - it can really be annoying.

Raindelay
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:38 PM
Thank you. I need a hug because I can't get one from DH unless I beg for it! Men!

Quoting GwenMB:

(((hugs)))  I hope youfeel better in the morning!  Men just don't know how to express themselves very well - it can really be annoying.

lilGsmomma
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 12:25 AM
1 mom liked this
(((HUGS))) feel better asap.
RachelandSamie
by Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 12:34 AM
The reason your shoulders hurt is due to the gas they used to blow you up. A hot pad will help with that. The pain is worse the second day because the good pain meds they gave you for the surgery has worn off. Try to sleep as much as you can. Moving sucks but it will get better within a couple days. Sorry your going through this. Don't think negative yet, try to be positive and think they got enough for you to get pregnant. Good luck hun!
Christina3024
by Member on Jan. 17, 2014 at 12:59 AM
I wanted to share with you, I have very severe Endometriosis. We were ttc for a while with no luck. I know my Endometriosis was bad again and I knew I needed surgery. So I had my surgery and the Endometriosis was a lot worse than expected. It seems every year to every other year I have surgery, the Endometriosis is worse. The doctor told me after surgery that I would probably never get pregnant. He said we could try I vf but didn't think that would work. I was absolutely heartbroken and depressed. I thought I would never get to be a mommy. About 3-4 months later I got my BFP at 9dp!!! I now have a 2.5 year old. We are ttc again without luck but I know I need another surgery. I wanted to tell you this so you don't give up hope. Hang in there.
Raindelay
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 10:40 AM
Thanks so much. Yesterday was just bad but I feel a little better today.

Quoting RachelandSamie: The reason your shoulders hurt is due to the gas they used to blow you up. A hot pad will help with that. The pain is worse the second day because the good pain meds they gave you for the surgery has worn off. Try to sleep as much as you can. Moving sucks but it will get better within a couple days. Sorry your going through this. Don't think negative yet, try to be positive and think they got enough for you to get pregnant. Good luck hun!
Raindelay
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 10:43 AM
Thanks so much for sharing your story. It does give me a little hope.

Quoting Christina3024: I wanted to share with you, I have very severe Endometriosis. We were ttc for a while with no luck. I know my Endometriosis was bad again and I knew I needed surgery. So I had my surgery and the Endometriosis was a lot worse than expected. It seems every year to every other year I have surgery, the Endometriosis is worse. The doctor told me after surgery that I would probably never get pregnant. He said we could try I vf but didn't think that would work. I was absolutely heartbroken and depressed. I thought I would never get to be a mommy. About 3-4 months later I got my BFP at 9dp!!! I now have a 2.5 year old. We are ttc again without luck but I know I need another surgery. I wanted to tell you this so you don't give up hope. Hang in there.
gabbyttcgirl
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 10:46 AM
ouch I hope you feel better very soon. I know the second day after surgery last night was the worst for me as well it's just the gas pump you up with it goes away very quickly it helps to set up. And no scar tissue will not cause you for not having a baby unless its inside of the uterus and even then it can be removed I had a ton removed on my surgery too and I'm perfect ready to go
Raindelay
by on Jan. 17, 2014 at 11:00 AM
Thank I Just have not slept much because it hurts more laying down like you said. I am sure I will think more positive once I am feeling better physically too.

Quoting gabbyttcgirl: ouch I hope you feel better very soon. I know the second day after surgery last night was the worst for me as well it's just the gas pump you up with it goes away very quickly it helps to set up. And no scar tissue will not cause you for not having a baby unless its inside of the uterus and even then it can be removed I had a ton removed on my surgery too and I'm perfect ready to go
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)