Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

How do I know if I need progesterone?

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2014 at 9:46 PM
  • 35 Replies
I've never taken it but with my loss in Sept and this chemical I'm beginning to wonder if I need it. What is your experience with it? Tell me all you know!
by on Feb. 4, 2014 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cheetah90210
by mrs.jones on Feb. 4, 2014 at 9:48 PM
Talk to your dr
SECL
by on Feb. 4, 2014 at 9:52 PM

I would just go and have a blood test done to find out if you need it.  I was reading about it and you are supposed to have it checked about a week before your next expected period.

Have you looked up low progesterone?  I googled it and I couldn't decide if I do or don't...  I have some of the symptoms.  I considered trying a natural, over-the-counter progesterone supplement, but then I got scared that I might mess things up.  So I went and got it checked yesterday.  Still don't have results yet, but hopefully tomorrow!

hoping_for_more
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 9:52 PM
I will before starting anything but I just wanted other women's experiences and reasons for taking it.

Quoting cheetah90210: Talk to your dr
SECL
by on Feb. 4, 2014 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh and from what I understand if it's low they will prescribe either a pill, cream, or suppository supplement.

hoping_for_more
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 9:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I have looked it up and only some of them apply to me too. I just don't really know much about it and wanted some advice! I hope your results are good :)

Quoting SECL:

I would just go and have a blood test done to find out if you need it.  I was reading about it and you are supposed to have it checked about a week before your next expected period.

Have you looked up low progesterone?  I googled it and I couldn't decide if I do or don't...  I have some of the symptoms.  I considered trying a natural, over-the-counter progesterone supplement, but then I got scared that I might mess things up.  So I went and got it checked yesterday.  Still don't have results yet, but hopefully tomorrow!

hypnautica
by Jennifer on Feb. 4, 2014 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this

There is progesterone shots, cant forget those :/ bleh!

SECL
by on Feb. 4, 2014 at 10:05 PM

Oh yuck! :/  Shots suck.

Quoting hypnautica:

hypnautica
by Jennifer on Feb. 4, 2014 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree 100% but honestly if you know how to do the progesterone shots you cant feel them. I just hate needles though.

Quoting SECL:

Oh yuck! :/  Shots suck.

Quoting hypnautica:

hoping_for_more
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 10:07 PM
Eek not loving the sound of that...

With a person with my history- no known fertility issues, one successful pg, one loss, and one chemical is this even something I should be thinking about?

Quoting hypnautica:

Larsbug
by on Feb. 4, 2014 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this

blood draw is #1, I had to while I was pregnant with DS2.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN