Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT: Be careful on the roads, the Midwest is trying to kill you! (Pics)

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:23 AM
  • 22 Replies

Mobile Photo

My husband was dropping my Twincesses off at my exhusband's house yesterday because ex kindly let's us do that on the days my husband works too early to take the Twincesses right to school. They go to their dad's and then he takes them because he lives right next to the school and that way I don't have to take the two little babies out.

So right after he dropped them off yesterday, he was leaving and half a block away he hit a patch of black ice. He had a 5 speed, so he was only going about 15 mph at this point, BUT he managed to slide on a downward slope and take out three parked cars. He literally 50 yards from ex's front door.

It's crazy to get a phone call like, "You need to come now, I wrecked the truck" when you have 2 sleeping babies in pajamas. I rushed around the house, grabbing babies and stuff as quick as I could and flew out the door. I got there, saw the damage, made sure he was ok and then moved my van to ex's driveway. I knocked on their door, threw my 2 littles ones at ex's wife and ran back down to the accident.

The other car owners were all very cool about it. The cop was kind of a d@ck, him and dh got off on the wrong foot because the first thing he asked was, "Have you been drinking?" And dh snapped at him, "Are you kidding me? It's 8 in the morning and you ask me if I've been drinking!? No. Of course I haven't." Dh doesn't snap at authority, but he was so offended. He's not used to living in Wisconsin where that's a valid and standard question, even at 8 am. We lead the nation in drunk driving.

In the end he got slapped with a whopping $200 in tickets. Phew, that could've been worse. Way worse, guess the cop wasn't so bad in the end :)

On our way home, he was calling around for the scrap price on it and it was around $150. The tow was going to cost $118, so once we got home, we didn't even have the tow guy drop it, just gave him the keys and title and that washes the cost of the tow.

So, not the best day, but we still laughed and joked all the way home. My sweetheart pulled himself together and went off to work after all that and we went on with out day :)

And my exhusband and his wife had a blast with the babies, especially little Betty :) they fed her and played with her, she ran around with their little dog...his wife never had any kids, so I was nervous that they would overwhelm her because they can be a lot to handle, but I guess if she can handle my Twincesses...lol.

Sorry, I'm rambling. I'm still a little shaken up.
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyAddie
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:24 AM

Mobile Photo

The battery was smashed.
MommyAddie
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:25 AM

Mobile Photo

MommyAddie
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:25 AM

Mobile Photo

MommyAddie
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:26 AM

Mobile Photo

Just put new tires on the damn thing. :(
summerbear
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh no! So glad he is OK!
mdm122789
by Mel on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:07 AM

My husband just did the same thing in ma

mommyof1262
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Glad he's okay! 

MommyAddie
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:04 AM
Oh no! Everyone ok?

Quoting mdm122789:

My husband just did the same thing in ma

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoldenLinds
by Linds on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow. Ouch!! I was in pain just reading this. Glad nobody was hurt!
ARClay
by Alyssa on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow! Good thing no one was hurt!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)