Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Went to ER last night.. In shock..

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:32 AM
  • 19 Replies

Last night I couldn't take the pain anymore so dh dropped the kids off at my parents and took me to the ER. They sent me right back and started blood work, ultra sounds, and an exam. My hcg was 16 and internal ultrasound showed what the Dr called a Spontaneous Abortion.. This entire time I was thinking that I wasn't pregnant when I really was. He said it could have started when I noticed the pink spotting yet I only had slight cramping. I am now bleeding VERY heavy and there are golf ball maybe bigger sized clots.

Dh and I are in complete shock. We don't know what to think anymore and we don't know what to do. I am going back to the doctors on Thursday to get checked out again by my new doctor.

What could have caused this and how can I avoid it from happening again?? I don't even know what to do anymore..  And what in the hell is a spontaneous abortion????? I don't do drugs and I don't drink.. What is going on???

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tryingfor7
by Amber on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:33 AM
I'm so sorry:(
vkp23
by Virginia on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:46 AM

I'm sorry Hun. Hugs. Some times there is no real reason. An early miscarriage most of the time means there was something wrong with the baby. It isn't anything you did wrong. It's horrible that things like this happen and I'm sorry. I'm in the same boat right now. Hugs

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

steph.sublette
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:49 AM
Spontaneous abortion as just another term for misscairage. I'm sorry girl , big hugs. :(
mommyof1262
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:23 AM

I'm so sorry. Hugs.

Dana0303
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:24 AM

I don't understand though, I've been eating good.. Taking vitamins I don't understand this.. 

Quoting steph.sublette: Spontaneous abortion as just another term for misscairage. I'm sorry girl , big hugs. :(

Dana0303
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:25 AM

The pain is just out of this world. I feel like crawling in ball right now. I can feel my uterus and my right ovary..omg

Quoting vkp23:

I'm sorry Hun. Hugs. Some times there is no real reason. An early miscarriage most of the time means there was something wrong with the baby. It isn't anything you did wrong. It's horrible that things like this happen and I'm sorry. I'm in the same boat right now. Hugs

vkp23
by Virginia on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:29 AM

I'm sorry. Did they say if you could take anything for the pain?

Quoting Dana0303:

The pain is just out of this world. I feel like crawling in ball right now. I can feel my uterus and my right ovary..omg

Quoting vkp23:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Libby22
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:31 AM
This exactly. You did absolutely nothing wrong. Most early miscarriages are due to chromosomal problems with the embryo. I'm so sorry for your trauma!!

Quoting vkp23:

Dana0303
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:32 AM

He told me tylenol and motrin since I am ttc but he also gave me tylenol-3 for the pain. 

Quoting vkp23:

I'm sorry. Did they say if you could take anything for the pain?

Quoting Dana0303:

Quoting vkp23:

Dana0303
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:34 AM

I just started reading something about that. I'm so crushed right now. Is there something else that I could have done to prevent that? Are there other vitamins out there that I can take to avoid that. I don't know what else to do and I feel so let down. 

Quoting Libby22: This exactly. You did absolutely nothing wrong. Most early miscarriages are due to chromosomal problems with the embryo. I'm so sorry for your trauma!!

Quoting vkp23:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)