Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

depo is the devil!

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:01 AM
  • 27 Replies
This just came to me the other day. I have 4 children and I am currently waiting to miscarry for my third time. My husband and I just can't wrap.our minds around it. Until...lightbulb!.. all my miscarriages occurred after stopping the depo and having two semi normal cycles!! I mentioned this to an OB in my office who says its unrelated? I think not! First miscarriage was 4 months after stopping depo and having two semi normal cycles.. second miscarriage was 15 months after stopping depo and having 2 semi normal cycles.. now this ! Stopped the depo in august and had two semi normal cycles , now miscarried.. I will never , ever touch the depo again!
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pit_mama1112
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:09 AM
I can totally agree. I have yet to get pregnant but I realized I had no Af while on the depo and I have done everything right to get a baby and still nothing. I googled. It says of taken may permanently prevent pregnancy. My on said the same thing when I told him. I hate that thing and will never get it again

Quoting nikkifam5: This just came to me the other day. I have 4 children and I am currently waiting to miscarry for my third time. My husband and I just can't wrap.our minds around it. Until...lightbulb!.. all my miscarriages occurred after stopping the depo and having two semi normal cycles!! I mentioned this to an OB in my office who says its unrelated? I think not! First miscarriage was 4 months after stopping depo and having two semi normal cycles.. second miscarriage was 15 months after stopping depo and having 2 semi normal cycles.. now this ! Stopped the depo in august and had two semi normal cycles , now miscarried.. I will never , ever touch the depo again!
EAzizM
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:13 AM
I won't ever do hormonal bc again. I don't think it is to blame since everyone reacts differently to it. I know many people who were on it and conceived with no problem.
nikkifam5
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:13 AM
How long have you been TTC?… I had never had trouble getting pregnant until stopping my second round if depo . I had a year if periods that were twice a month. It was ridiculous!

Quoting Pit_mama1112: I can totally agree. I have yet to get pregnant but I realized I had no Af while on the depo and I have done everything right to get a baby and still nothing. I googled. It says of taken may permanently prevent pregnancy. My on said the same thing when I told him. I hate that thing and will never get it again

Quoting nikkifam5: This just came to me the other day. I have 4 children and I am currently waiting to miscarry for my third time. My husband and I just can't wrap.our minds around it. Until...lightbulb!.. all my miscarriages occurred after stopping the depo and having two semi normal cycles!! I mentioned this to an OB in my office who says its unrelated? I think not! First miscarriage was 4 months after stopping depo and having two semi normal cycles.. second miscarriage was 15 months after stopping depo and having 2 semi normal cycles.. now this ! Stopped the depo in august and had two semi normal cycles , now miscarried.. I will never , ever touch the depo again!
nikkifam5
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:14 AM
I think its definitely to blame in my case.

Quoting EAzizM: I won't ever do hormonal bc again. I don't think it is to blame since everyone reacts differently to it. I know many people who were on it and conceived with no problem.
nikkifam5
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:15 AM
And its not really getting pregnant after the depo that is the problem for me. Its having a healthy pregnancy after that is the problem

Quoting EAzizM: I won't ever do hormonal bc again. I don't think it is to blame since everyone reacts differently to it. I know many people who were on it and conceived with no problem.
EAzizM
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:16 AM
I am sure it is. Bc is a bitch, period. Unfortunately, they do not tell you what the effects might be later down the road.

Quoting nikkifam5: I think its definitely to blame in my case.

nikkifam5
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:17 AM
Of course not, then they lose money and so do the drug companies :/

Quoting EAzizM: I am sure it is. Bc is a bitch, period. Unfortunately, they do not tell you what the effects might be later down the road.

EAzizM
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:18 AM
Agreed.

Quoting nikkifam5: Of course not, then they lose money and so do the drug companies :/

Quoting EAzizM: I am sure it is. Bc is a bitch, period. Unfortunately, they do not tell you what the effects might be later down the road.

Pit_mama1112
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:29 AM
We havnt used protection since I stopped the depo, which has been 4 yrs. But we started the timing and whatnot, 2 and a half to 3 yrs ago

Quoting nikkifam5: How long have you been TTC?… I had never had trouble getting pregnant until stopping my second round if depo . I had a year if periods that were twice a month. It was ridiculous!

Quoting Pit_mama1112: I can totally agree. I have yet to get pregnant but I realized I had no Af while on the depo and I have done everything right to get a baby and still nothing. I googled. It says of taken may permanently prevent pregnancy. My on said the same thing when I told him. I hate that thing and will never get it again

kris0688
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:32 AM

So do yal think the depo plays a part in becoming pregnant once you stop taking it? I was on depo for almost a year and haven't had it now for almost 2 and we have been trying snce then to become pregnant. We both have children by our first marriage but can't seem to have one of our own.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)