Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1st US today

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:17 AM
  • 24 Replies
2 moms liked this

Just got back from the RE's office.  I have officially graduated to the regular OB side.  I am 7 weeks exactly.  Baby had a strong heart beat, rate 137bpm.  EDD 9/24 :) He didn't see any cause for the spotting and wasn't worried about it at all.  We are exstatic! 

Any guesses on gender (this was a transvaginal US)??

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GoldenLinds
by Linds on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:21 AM

Aww congrats sweetie! Have you been having spotting a lot? I realyl need to come over to this board more often to keep up with you bfp ladies:-)

ashley0818
by Ashley on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:24 AM

Thanks!! I started spotting last Monday (9 days ago!).  Pretty light, only need a liner and pretty much only there when I wipe (sorry if that's TMI).  It gets a little heavier when I am on my feet all day and have a hard day at work.  I feel like I can relax a little...

I thought about posting this on the other side but I didn't want to offend anyone.

Quoting GoldenLinds:

Aww congrats sweetie! Have you been having spotting a lot? I realyl need to come over to this board more often to keep up with you bfp ladies:-)

GoldenLinds
by Linds on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:28 AM

I wouldn't worry about the spotting at all. MAybe try to take a few breathers from being on your feet all day. But the cervix is just a big sponge full of blood vesels and it doesn't finish fully moving into the pregnancy position until around 11 weeks with first pregnancies, a little earlier in ubsequent pregnancies. SO its fnishing up all its changes and tha tcan definitely cause spotting. ANd there wouldn't be any sign of a cause in that case. 

I wouldn't post it on the other side becasue some people have been especially touchy lately. I'm sorry fr that. Post and update, tell everyone hw you are doing and let them knw you have an ultrasound pic on this side. I'm certain I know a few ladies who will come right over to see:-)

Quoting ashley0818:

Thanks!! I started spotting last Monday (9 days ago!).  Pretty light, only need a liner and pretty much only there when I wipe (sorry if that's TMI).  It gets a little heavier when I am on my feet all day and have a hard day at work.  I feel like I can relax a little...

I thought about posting this on the other side but I didn't want to offend anyone.

Quoting GoldenLinds:

ashley0818
by Ashley on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:31 AM

That's exactly what I just did, great mind think alike;) .  I just updated my last post about my spotting.  I'm sure youre exactly right with the bleeding being cervical...there was a TINY fluid collection right above my cervix so that makes sense.

Quoting GoldenLinds:

I wouldn't worry about the spotting at all. MAybe try to take a few breathers from being on your feet all day. But the cervix is just a big sponge full of blood vesels and it doesn't finish fully moving into the pregnancy position until around 11 weeks with first pregnancies, a little earlier in ubsequent pregnancies. SO its fnishing up all its changes and tha tcan definitely cause spotting. ANd there wouldn't be any sign of a cause in that case. 

I wouldn't post it on the other side becasue some people have been especially touchy lately. I'm sorry fr that. Post and update, tell everyone hw you are doing and let them knw you have an ultrasound pic on this side. I'm certain I know a few ladies who will come right over to see:-)

Quoting ashley0818:

Quoting GoldenLinds:

Ourbabygoals
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:50 AM
Yay congrats!!!!!!!
ashley0818
by Ashley on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:52 AM

Thanks!! Guess we're not due date buds anymore, but close enough!  What do you think, girl?!

Quoting Ourbabygoals: Yay congrats!!!!!!!

Ourbabygoals
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:54 AM
Close enough!!!! I have an US tomorrow!!! Should be able to get HB count n have a more official measurement!!!

Quoting ashley0818:

Thanks!! Guess we're not due date buds anymore, but close enough!  What do you think, girl?!

Quoting Ourbabygoals: Yay congrats!!!!!!!

Mammacra
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:56 AM
Congrats I'm going to guess BOY!
ashley0818
by Ashley on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:57 AM

Really?  So explain this ramzi method to me.  I don't really get it...

Quoting Mammacra: Congrats I'm going to guess BOY!

mommy74146
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:57 AM
Too early to guess gender.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)