Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT: my SO has chronic kidney failure PIOG

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:32 AM
  • 31 Replies
1 mom liked this
He told me shortly after we began dating...He lives a "normal" life (he has a job) so he lives as normal of a life as he can with this disease.. He does hemodialysis 4 days a week at home...he takes care of me ( I work too, and go to nursing school) he found me at one of the worst times in my life, when I was going through a divorce...despite that he accepted me and my 3 year old daughter.. He helped me get back on my feet and has treated me like a queen... I never in a million years expected to fall so in love with him... But I fell hard and fast. He had a hip replacement surgery yesterday ( he needed it because he had previously been on so many steroids for the kidney disease.. The steroids deteriorated all of the cartilage between the hip and leg). His nephrologist (kidney doctor) came in yesterday to see him while he was in the hospital, so I asked him how much longer he could see the dialysis working for him... He said if he doesn't get a transplant ( only 2% of the human population is a match for him) he would only probably have 10 more years.. My heart fell through the floor... 10 years is nothing in the whole scheme of things... I love him more than I can explain.. The only thing I can compair my love for him to is my love for my daughter... I'm struggling with this... I can't imagine having to live life without him... I don't have to many people to talk to who would understand...so if anyone is ever asked to be an organ doner.. I encourage you to seriously consider it.. If he could get a kidney it would change our lives...my life, his life, his family's life, my daughters life, all the people he touches in his career as a paramedic and firefighter...he deserves a kidney.. If you can send up a prayer for him, it would mean a lot to me.. I'm struggling with this today...
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stcy79
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:40 AM

Prayers sent. I'm sorry u all have to go through this, just keep praying.

Our angel was born to heaven on 1/10/2014 at 14wks 3days.

hope2bsoon
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:41 AM
Thank you, I pray long and hard everyday.. Thanks for taking the time to read

Quoting stcy79:

Prayers sent. I'm sorry u all have to go through this, just keep praying.

StaciF
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:49 AM
My hubby is a nephrology NP - I can only imagine the stress of his disease on your life - prayers and thank you for sharing your story
hope2bsoon
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:53 AM
No problem... I just pray everyday that some of these brilliant scientist figure out something before it's to late for him... If your husband ever mentions any new medical advancements you know where to find me. ;)

Thank you for taking the time to read my story I really appreciate it.

Quoting StaciF: My hubby is a nephrology NP - I can only imagine the stress of his disease on your life - prayers and thank you for sharing your story
StaciF
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:35 AM
Absolutely!! Has all his family been tested to see if anyone is a match? I will definitely keep my ears open for new things!

Quoting hope2bsoon: No problem... I just pray everyday that some of these brilliant scientist figure out something before it's to late for him... If your husband ever mentions any new medical advancements you know where to find me. ;)

Quoting StaciF: My hubby is a nephrology NP - I can only imagine the stress of his disease on your life - prayers and thank you for sharing your story
hoping_for_more
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:29 PM
Prayers for you and your SO!
ARClay
by Alyssa on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:33 PM
Praying! *Hugs*
hope2bsoon
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you very much, it means a lot to me

Quoting hoping_for_more: Prayers for you and your SO!
hope2bsoon
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you, your prayers mean a lot to me

Quoting ARClay: Praying! *Hugs*
hope2bsoon
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, all of his family has been tested, DNS so have I.. So we will just keep praying that some miracle comes a long. Until then, we are going to try to live a "normal" life. We are trying for a baby, and will get married soon

Quoting StaciF: Absolutely!! Has all his family been tested to see if anyone is a match? I will definitely keep my ears open for new things!

Quoting hope2bsoon: No problem... I just pray everyday that some of these brilliant scientist figure out something before it's to late for him... If your husband ever mentions any new medical advancements you know where to find me. ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)