Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Days of positive OPKs?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:40 AM
  • 4 Replies

I've mentioned before but a few times I've gotten up to 3 days of positive OPKs in a row (I know I know, stop testing after the 1st +). On the upside I've heard it can indicate a strong surge but on the downside I've heard that it could indicate your body's effort to O but inability to actually O. Has anyone heard of that?

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mommyof1262
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:08 PM

I'm not sure so here's a bump for you! I had 6 days of positive OPK's I finally stopped testing ? :( Not sure what's going on with my body these days!

Nuggit222
by Chrissie on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:14 PM

Oh wow, yeah that is a long surge! And hopefully just an anomaly or indication of a strong surge:) Our bodies are seriously a mystery, haha!

Quoting mommyof1262:

I'm not sure so here's a bump for you! I had 6 days of positive OPK's I finally stopped testing ? :( Not sure what's going on with my body these days!

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:23 PM
Mine last 3-5days but I o about 4 hrs after my first positive. Most women o 12-24 hrs after their first positive. A long lasting surge doesn't mean much!
Nuggit222
by Chrissie on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:37 PM

Yeah that's what I was hoping to hear, sometimes I obsess and overanalyze stuff which in some aspects is a bad thing and in others (like my job as an analyst) is a good thing:)

Quoting NoraDun: Mine last 3-5days but I o about 4 hrs after my first positive. Most women o 12-24 hrs after their first positive. A long lasting surge doesn't mean much!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)