Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No words...

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:47 PM
  • 59 Replies
I had a patient today that is 32 and pregnant with her 12th child. That's right. You read that correctly. Number TWELVE. She was Amish. So she's never been on bc. And doesn't use any type of fertility aids bc that is against their religion. Freaking fabulous. I just stared at her when she told me. I think I said congratulations. I'm not sure since my tongue was on the floor.

I thought of all the people who would appreciate my reaction it would be you ladies!
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
monkeybelle83
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:52 PM

In before "That's not fair!" 

;-) 

That's a lot of pregnancy. lol

tiffluv81
by Tiffanie on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

wowwww

Dana0303
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this

12... T-W-E-L-V-E????? DOCE??? Did she have an accent and said something that could have been around the lines of 12 or something??   I would have had either a similar response or just stood looking at her in shock. I'm in shock right now..

Nuggit222
by Chrissie on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:55 PM

Good God!! Talk about fertile myrtle. And I mean how do they have time to do the deed that much with 12 kids??

DevonD83
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:56 PM
Lol. I am 30. Been pregnant 12 times but 6 here. Waiting to see if I'm still pregnant and if the ectopic I had removed really was missed miscarriage in Dec
dj_kern
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:02 PM

I think that is awesome that she has that many kids.  Good for her.  I would have that many if i could.  

mamatink7
by Franceska on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this

very very common for them. we are mennonite one family from last church had 14!!! its amazing. wish they could blow some baby dust our way though. all ladies my age have little ones and one cooking. 

ttc2014
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:05 PM
Wow that's amazing to me but i couldn't handle 12 more power to her
Wanttobemom14
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G !!!

AllThatBabyJazz
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:07 PM

Took me many years to learn to be happy for others, pregnancy wise. Just because I struggled with infertility, didn't mean that others were less deserving of a blessing. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)