Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I thought I was...

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:13 PM
  • 22 Replies
I am new to this site and decided I needed some help staying positive. My husband and I have been trying for 1 1/2 years. I was pregnant last September and I was beyond thrilled, happiest moment in a long time. Unfortunately it ended in a miscarriage at 10 weeks. Easily the worst day of my life so far. I spent a week in my bed crying. Fast forward to now, we have still be trying, with a negative result one after another. I have been charting my bbt and it has been elevated the last few days and I'm suppose to ovulate today. So naturally I got my hopes up and couldn't wait to get up in the morning to test. Ran to the bathroom and got a big fat negative staring at me in the face. Now as I lay in my bed crying again, it feels like a broken record. I can't bare to tell my husband yet again, that no...we are not pregnant. If he knew that I may never have children, would he still have chosen to marry me? (i think about that all the time) Will this agony ever stop? Will I ever be able to experience what every one of my girls friends is experiencing and what I've always wanted since I was a little girl? Will I ever have a turn?
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nuggit222
by Chrissie on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:24 PM

I'm so sorry you're going through this! Have you and DH had any fertility testing done?

SarahN89
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:30 PM
Thankyou for your response, no we haven't. I'm not even sure where to start with that.
noonelikeme564
by Group Admin on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:43 PM
So sorry you are going through this momma!
stcy79
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I understand where ur coming from, it took 6yrs to get our first and he is now 5, our 2nd surprised us 1.5yrs after our first and it took a yr for baby #3 but our baby was born to heaven this time...... I started with my ob Dr and found out i had endometrosis (i know its spelled wrong) and my tubes were clogged but we fix those and a month later i was pregnant with #1. dont give up, Dr's now say under age 351yr of TTC is normal and 35 and over its 6mo.

Our angel was born to heaven on 1/10/2014 at 14wks 3days.

anotherandree
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:42 PM

So sorry you are going through this.  If you haven't gotten some fertility testing done, I would head straight for that.  There might be something relatively easy that could be fixed, or something more serious, but either way you will know and have answers!  Instead of crying (although what you are going through is heartbreaking), try to take action!  *hugs*

ILoveMyFam
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:46 PM

Are your periods normal?  (Long/short/how long do you bleed?)

Do you test for ovulation or just chart temps/mucous?

When you believe you're ovulating - how do you TTC?

When you had your loss (so sorry :(  ) - what happened?  Just started  bleeding, etc?  Did you have any USs before that?  Any labwork?

Sorry for the 20 ?s - I have suffered multiple miscarriages and difficulty getting pregnant after 2 normal pregnancies but finally got my rainbow baby 18mo later...would love to help if I can!

Lucky mommy to Kylie, Kate & Mia

SarahN89
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:39 PM
Thank you for all of your responses, they are so appreciated. I think I am going to call around for some fertility doctors that are hopefully covered on my insurance plan. I've struggled with the thought of needing "help" to get pregnant, I wanted to do it my own and let it happen "normally", but I think I don't have much of a choice.
My periods are completely irregular...one month I won't have one...one month it's a 30 day cycle...one month it's a 20 day cycle :/ makes it difficult to predict ovulation.
I've been charting my temps for the last little while yet I'll admit I miss quite a few days in between. This time, I paid close attention to my cervical mucus and waited for it to be the "clear egg-white" consistency. Once I saw it, we tried about every day for a week and a half.
When I miscarried, the night before I was in agonizing pain. Horrible cramping that kept me up all night. I googled "cramping during pregnancy" and came to the conclusion that it was normal. (I have absolutely horrible period cramping the first two days of my period).
The next morning, I got up to get ready for work and woke up to a pool of blood covering me and even my husband (sry tmi). I ran to the bathroom as blood continued to pour out, we went to the hospital and it was conclusive that I had miscarried. :( what a horrible day. The only lab work I had was blood tests to confirm that my HCG levels were dropping normally.
Thankyou for your questions and desire to help :) it gets exhausting at times and I start to feel alone in all of it. (Especially when it seems like everyone around me is getting pregnant :/ )
BNY
by on Feb. 9, 2014 at 4:50 AM

I am so sorry you are going through this and understand your heartache. I just took yet another pregnancy test today and it was negative. We are trying for our first child and have been for almost 6 years. I also have irregular periods. Usually no more than 2 a year. I would say that a doctor visit would be great for your next step. Sometimes it's a medical problem and once that is fixed all is well. Just know you are not alone. We are all either going through the same or have been there.

ILoveMyFam
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 5:42 AM
Do you have a lot of pain with your cycles?

Are you overweight?

Do you have excessive facial/body hair?

Acne?

Thinning hair?

Quoting SarahN89: Thank you for all of your responses, they are so appreciated. I think I am going to call around for some fertility doctors that are hopefully covered on my insurance plan. I've struggled with the thought of needing "help" to get pregnant, I wanted to do it my own and let it happen "normally", but I think I don't have much of a choice.

My periods are completely irregular...one month I won't have one...one month it's a 30 day cycle...one month it's a 20 day cycle :/ makes it difficult to predict ovulation.

I've been charting my temps for the last little while yet I'll admit I miss quite a few days in between. This time, I paid close attention to my cervical mucus and waited for it to be the "clear egg-white" consistency. Once I saw it, we tried about every day for a week and a half.

When I miscarried, the night before I was in agonizing pain. Horrible cramping that kept me up all night. I googled "cramping during pregnancy" and came to the conclusion that it was normal. (I have absolutely horrible period cramping the first two days of my period).

The next morning, I got up to get ready for work and woke up to a pool of blood covering me and even my husband (sry tmi). I ran to the bathroom as blood continued to pour out, we went to the hospital and it was conclusive that I had miscarried. :( what a horrible day. The only lab work I had was blood tests to confirm that my HCG levels were dropping normally.

Thankyou for your questions and desire to help :) it gets exhausting at times and I start to feel alone in all of it. (Especially when it seems like everyone around me is getting pregnant :/ )
SarahN89
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 4:30 AM
It does feel comforting to know that I am not alone, I appreciate all your kind words. It's nice being able to say what I really feel without any fear of judgement.
Yes I have quite a bit of pain with my cycles, I am usually doubled over, unable to go about my day regularly. I have fainted before bc of the pain. I have tried explaining this to numerous doctors and the usual response is "take three ibprophen and use a heat pad". I have heard that same answer hundreds of times, yet that barely takes the edge off.
Regarding my weight I am definitely not where I'd like to be. I'm 25yrs old, 5'6 and about 160 lbs. I'd rather be at 140lbs.
No excessive facial/body hair, no acne that's anything beyond a few blackheads here and there, and no thinning hair.
Thankyou for your listening ears and questions, feels good to be understood.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)