Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dye test at fertility dr

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:56 PM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this
Hi ladies. Had my consultation visit at the fertility dr this morning. I'm about to go through the fertility testing and one of the things I have to do is the dye test, HSG. Anyone had it done and can tell me about it? I hear it's pretty painful....I'm a bit overwhelmed with all of this.
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
hoping_for_more
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:06 PM
I haven't but I know many here have. Just wanted to wish you luck! :)
Taryn327
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:07 PM
Thank you!
hypnautica
by Jennifer on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:08 PM
Everyone is different some feel pain and others don't. When I had mine done it hurt really bad to the point I had to hold my breath. There are others who feel nothing more than a pinch. Make sure before you get it done to take something like Advil. I wasn't told this and who knows it may have helped some. I had to go to the hospital to get done and was told right then everything was clear. Good luck and hope you get good results.
mdawn028
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:09 PM
I haven't but hoping all goes well for you sweety hoping you end up with a BFP keep me updatedhon hugs
diamondprnces
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:14 PM

It's like a Pap smear but it takes longer . I was told to take 2tylenol before the procedure and I didn't feel any pain just discomfort . 

babylove441
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:38 PM

I have to have an hsg on 7th ill let u know 

stcy79
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:45 PM

I had it done in 07 and the Dr said i would just feel a few cramps well he was a man and had no idea what he was talking about but it was done in like 5 long mins, but that being said both my tubes were clogged and he blew them free, the next month i was pregnant with my 1st and 6yrs of waiting 1 surgery and dye test plus clomid was worth it..........

Our angel was born to heaven on 1/10/2014 at 14wks 3days.

EAzizM
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:21 PM
It isn't too bad. I had some mild pressure during the procedure and a bit of cramping afterwards. Take ibuprofen about 30 minutes before the procedure.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)