Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To test or not to test...?? Help!!

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:07 PM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this

So, my friend and I are going to Fargo this Saturday to look at bridesmaids dresses for her wedding.  (I'm a bridesmaid.)  I wasn't planning to test until Monday (2 days later), my expected af day.  I'm torn because I wanted to wait until af was late, but if I am in fact pregnant, this would be a good opportunity to 1) look at maternity-approved BM dresses (we've been looking at them anyway just in case, but...I'd be roughly 36 weeks pregnant at the wedding if BFP this month) and 2) buy something and plan a surprise for hubby, which he absolutely would not expect since last he checked, I'm not testing until Monday.  I've always wanted to surprise him, but he's so in tune with my cycle since we've been trying for 8 months now.  But then again, I'm concerned I'll be testing too early (would be 11DPO), get a false negative (or actual negative), and be bummed during our dress shopping and what not.

What do you girls think???  Test or no?

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hoping_for_more
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I have gotten two bfps on 11dpo! Just my experience :) Hope you get one too no matter what day you test!
aliciajw1985
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:14 PM
I would test. It can't hurt. Good luck I hope you get a bfp this month!
mdawn028
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:18 PM
Hoping you get a BFP keep me updated hon
Hugs
PrayingForTwo
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:19 PM

Thanks ladies!  I'm usually a really early tester.  I've been trying to hold back this month.  Trying... to have a different mindset on testing.  But what an awesome opportunity to blab to my closest friend and pick something out to surprise DH with!

PrayingForTwo
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 9:13 AM
BUMP
CamoPrincessUN
by Danielle on Feb. 6, 2014 at 9:45 AM
Did you test
tammyward14427
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 9:50 AM
I tested several times last month. Dont test. Dont want to be bummed out while with your friends. Besides it may be too early and not show up yet. Then your bummed for nothing. Good luck!
PrayingForTwo
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:06 AM
Quoting CamoPrincessUN: Did you test

No, I'm only 9DPO right now. I'll be 11DPO on the day in question. I expect my AF on 13DPO.
PrayingForTwo
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:08 AM
Th
Quoting tammyward14427: I tested several times last month. Dont test. Dont want to be bummed out while with your friends. Besides it may be too early and not show up yet. Then your bummed for nothing. Good luck!

TThat's why I'm concerned. I'm sure I could put on a plenty happy face for the day, but...
tammyward14427
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:51 PM
Wish you luck
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)