Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birth control

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:08 PM
  • 11 Replies
hey ladies ; Did getting on birth control affect u from getting pregnant or made it any harder?or did it help you get pregnant faster when you were off? I need answers ladies! Just curious.
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GoldenLinds
by Linds on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:11 PM
2 moms liked this

Defferent women have different experiences. Some women come off it and get pregnant immediately, others take months for it to work itself out of their system. Some women end up having to take birth control for a few months to regulate their cycles just so they can actually ry to get pregnant. It varies. Personally, I have never, and will never take it.

Natalia301
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:11 AM
thnks
katie23VA
by Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 10:23 PM
I got pregnant with my four year old two months after stopping the pill. I just stopped depo, and I'm pretty sure I have a long road ahead of me:-(
Mom2five87
by Jen on Feb. 9, 2014 at 10:47 PM

After I got of depo it took me 12 cycles, including a chemical on cycle 11, before I got pregnant with my 8 month old son. It can take a long time to get out of your system :(

Quoting katie23VA: I got pregnant with my four year old two months after stopping the pill. I just stopped depo, and I'm pretty sure I have a long road ahead of me:-(

ARClay
by Alyssa on Feb. 9, 2014 at 11:06 PM

I was on the pill for 8.5 years. I have been off it for 22 months now, and it took 8 cycles and an herb called Vitex to finally get regular. However, my cycles were irregular before I went on it, and I have endometriosis. So my experience may not be yours... some women have no problems conceiving coming off bc pills, and some women even take a month of bc to kind of "kick start" their fertility. I guess it works for some. I hope you're one of those. Good luck!

anotherandree
by on Feb. 9, 2014 at 11:09 PM
I, personally, got pregnant the month after stopping the pill with both my oldest and youngest (I don't remember with my middle). I am a pretty Fertile Mertyl, though.
toopicky429
by on Feb. 9, 2014 at 11:10 PM
My 2 children were conceived the first cycle off birth control pills, but we have been trying for #3 for over 4 years. Good luck!
4ever_a_memory
by Casey on Feb. 9, 2014 at 11:11 PM
I was on yaz for 3 years came off it got pregnant 7 months later. Had the Implanon for 2 years and have been ttc for almost 2 years.
.PinkHart.
by on Feb. 9, 2014 at 11:48 PM
It took 2 1/2 years after Depo and 3 years after the Mirena. I will NEVER use BC again.
MrS_pInEdA
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 11:55 PM

I had the implanon rod in my arm for 11/2 years! It took me 6 months of ttc before finally getting my bfp!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)