Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cute idea or gross?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:00 PM
  • 10 Replies

So, I will be 11 DPO on 2/15, which is the day that dh and I are going out to celebrate Valentine's Day. IF I get my BFP, I was thinking of trying to surprise him.

I'm going to tell him that I'm not testing until 2/16 so he doesn't ask about my results inthe morning, then IF I get the BFP on 2/15, I was going to wrap the test up in a gift box (after disenfecting it, of course!) and give it to him for a V-Day gift. I was thinking of bringing it to the restaurant, because I think that's where we're exchanging gifts.

What do you think? Cute? Or too gross to bring something I peed on to the dinner table?

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ttc2014
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:03 PM
I wouldn't bring it to the restaurant wait till you get home then give it to him good luck darlin
mamatink7
by Franceska on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:08 PM

i would give him a romantic card at restaurant save best for last at home

GoldenLinds
by Linds on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:11 PM
2 moms liked this

I wouldn't do it in the restaurant. Not because of any gross factor but because I think it should be a private moment. THat baby was made in privacy, just the two of you and i think th ebig moments should be the same. Just a persnal opinion. You will have plenty of time to announce and share but make that first moment something personal and private and special. Besides, some guys dont react well when they feel put on the spot. I'm not saying your guy will react badly, I'm saying you might be causing a big whooping laugh and fist punch to become a barely noticable eye twitch because of the pubic setting.

HolliBerry21
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:15 PM

I did that but gave it to him at home

SECL
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:21 PM

I personally don't think it's gross, but I agree with the others and keep it at home ♥  I hope you get that BFP!

esrmommy
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh, well that makes sense. I don't think he'd hold back because of the public setting (just what he's like) but maybe it would be better in private.

cheetah90210
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:31 PM
Thats so cute
GwenMB
by Gwen on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:49 PM

I think its cute! I'd do it at home - maybe just tell him you want to exchange gifts at home - before going out if drinking or not drinking is an issue.

hypnautica
by Jennifer on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:03 PM

Cute Idea but very gross at the table. Maybe wait until you get home and say, Oh my goodness I cant believe I forgot to bring this and then hand him the box.

PrayingForTwo
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:08 PM
Idea stemming off your idea... What about a shadow box with the test and some other baby things with it in the sahadow box? Instantly not gross, confined forever, and a memorable piece to keep! Either place works in that scenario.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)