Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First period in 2 years with PCOS

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:18 PM
  • 3 Replies

I have PCOS. My husband and I started trying  2 years ago, I never had a period without the use of Provera. Never had any luck with clomid either. The last time I took provera was in November. Well feb 2 I started my period on my own! First time in 2 years!! I was trilled! But I had kinda given up, it had been just too discourging knowing nothing was ever going to happen, until my body did this. Now, I am completely and totally consumed with trying to get pregnant again. I know in my heart it isn't going to happen, and I know i'm setting myself up for a heart break since I can't stop obsessing over it. My husband keeps asking when we get to baby dance, and I don't know how I'm going to be able to look him in the eye when it doesn't happen. It takes so much out of you when everything is always negative. But I guess I would just like to know, if  anyone with PCOS has went that long without a period, then it show back up without any meds and then get pregnant?

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MrsM30
by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 9:57 PM
You need to ask your doc to induce a period with progesterone, then try clomid (or femara - that's the one that worked for us after 8 rounds of clomid). With pcos, you can't just wait for your period to come. Fortunately your cycle can be easily manipulated by progesterone and ovulation inducers like clomid or femara. Good luck!!
acollins09
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:03 PM

I used Vitex along with Metformin for my PCOS and was able to get pregnant with my second child.  Google Vitex, it is an herbal supplement, and pretty inexpensive :)

ttcishardtodo
by Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 6:55 AM
I have a prescription for provera to induce my period that I only take every 3 months. But my period came on its on last month, I was testing with OPKs every other day and got a positive one, don't know if I actually ovulated or just had a surge. But AF showed back up on her own this month as well... I'm going to see a new gyn after this cycle to get some answers.

Quoting MrsM30: You need to ask your doc to induce a period with progesterone, then try clomid (or femara - that's the one that worked for us after 8 rounds of clomid). With pcos, you can't just wait for your period to come. Fortunately your cycle can be easily manipulated by progesterone and ovulation inducers like clomid or femara. Good luck!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)