Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HCG help

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:59 AM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hi, I am new to this site and just looking for an outlet of people that may have experienced what I am experiencing. After 8 long years and 7 IVF cycles we received our first positive with a 70 HCG level on day 9 after the transfer of two strong 5 day embryos. So now I'm on pins and needles to find out if we are having twins or not. I started getting a terrible sour stomach on Sunday, 3 days before my test, and it has gotten worse since. I never got sick with either of my singleton pregnancies 8 & 14 years ago. Is this a good sign???

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mdawn028
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:49 AM
Have you tested again hon?????
Hoping you get a BFP hoping all goes well hon keep me updated Hugs
Could be a pregnancy symptom Hugs
Luckynumber7
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:02 PM

Quoting mdawn028: Have you tested again hon?????

I test again tomorrow. What is a BFP?

eChard
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:04 PM
HCG is funny because numbers alone can't tell you if it's multiples or not. Some people have numbers that skyrocket only to be pregnant with a singleton. Fingers crossed that you get what you are hoping for!
NLTenney
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 12:52 PM
Congrats, first of all! Your numbers are great for 9 days past! Like ^she^ said above, numbers alone won't guarantee multiples, but if that number more than quadruples, I would say it's a good sign! You can google hcg charts for singletons vs multiples to see the difference... But I can remember being within both ranges for the first trimester with my son. I'm not sure that's helpful at all, but yeah. That's what I know. LOL
tluvsd2
by TONI on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:23 PM
😊CONGRATS YAY!!!!🍼👣 I THINK YOUR NUMBERS R JUST FINE KEEP US POSTED!:)
Jewels11
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:29 PM

Congrats and BFP means- Big Fat Positive! 

Quoting Luckynumber7:

Quoting mdawn028: Have you tested again hon?????

I test again tomorrow. What is a BFP?

Luckynumber7
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 5:57 PM

Well I did get a positive pregnancy on Wednesday with my HCG at 70 but I tested again today and only got a HCG of 86. The doctor says he doesn't want to throw in the towel but he's not sure we are going to get a baby out of this. I go back in four days for another check on my levels. I'm freaking out that I'm going to lose this pregnancy before we even get started. Has anyone else had really low numbers during the first week? I need some hope!!!!

Luckynumber7
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:54 PM

BUMP!

Luckynumber7
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Well I tested today and got 286 triple from Saturday. Hoping to hang on as long as we can!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)