Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you've been engaged...Did you like your proposal?

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:08 PM
  • 25 Replies

I'm watching the Chew and they were just talking about women who didn't like their proposal.

I guess I never thought about it. DH just asked, on bended knee right after the stroke of midnight on New Year's day. I wasn't expecting any big hoopla, so it worked for me, lol.

What about you? Did you like your proposal?

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NLTenney
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:01 PM
2 moms liked this
Ours was perfect for us. He pulled my ring out, said "I know you've been waiting for this.." and I said "Gimme!" LOL He wouldn't give it to me until he had officially asked and I said yes.. But I got to pick out my setting so I obviously knew it was coming.
cookie860
by Stephanie โ™ก on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:01 PM
Sure did! My hubby and I went to a karoke bar he put in a song as usual. He called me up to the front and sang ill be by edwain mcain I was like no way!!! He asked me to marry him in front of everyone :) perfect I say!
Fairegirl33
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:15 PM

i loved it!

my dh planned a beach day for us and all of our friends Memorial Day.   Little did I know he had planned to propose to me also.

we were married on the same beach a year later almost to the day.

FireMoonGypsy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:16 PM

Nope, didn't like it. I am a theater girl, art girl, one that particularly loves a good round of applause and soaking in that amazing moment. I was hoping it would be done in front of friends and a large gathering of people, etc. 

He threw together an impromptu picnic and proposed behind some bushes secluded in the park. Some people would love that, but it's not my style. 

At least he did a good  job on the vintage ring. 

hypnautica
by Jennifer on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:30 PM
I couldn't have asked for a better one. We were in the Bahamas and went to an area where there was no one and was hunting shells. Dh walked away and came back and said this is a really cool rock. I looked up and he pulled the ring out from behind a rock he had found. He got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. As a plus it was sunset :) happen so the rock he picked up was in the shape of a heart and I still have it.
iHEAVENn
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:40 PM

My hubby never really proposed.. we both just kind of knew we would marry each other :) 

I did have an ex propose to me on my birthday, but it honestly felt like he did it just because he didn't get me anything LOL! 

bioteach
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:38 PM

Kind of.  Not exactly what I pictured that moment to be like, but very nice for my husband.  He's very introverted....but also very emotional (just doesn't show it well).  With the way he was acting that night I kind of expected it.  I guess I just wish he would have done the "get down on one knee" thing....however we were on a boat watching fireworks....so that would have been a little more difficult.

kaybri2012
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:40 PM

Mine was amazing.  He proposed during a trip to DisneyWorld.  On St. Patrick's Day, we walked over to Cinderella's wishing well, he gave me a penny with my birth year on it and told me to make a wish.  I turned around and found him on one knee with the ring.  So sweet!

beadingmom17
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 4:40 PM
Meh...it could definitely have been more romantic, lol. But he's just that type of guy who attempts romantic but falls a little short :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoshuasGirlNMC
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:04 PM

My husband proposed to me on a hike in Utah while we were visiting our best friends. We went to bridl veil falls... I suspected something cause my best friend and my husband were acting strange... but he proposed to me right in front of a beautiful water fall... it was amazing! Couldn't have asked for better! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)