Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

I want to tell someone so bad!!

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:21 AM
  • 8 Replies

So dh and I have decided that we aren't going to tell anyone that we are trying and we aren't going to overthink it and be obsessed about it (like we have been in the past) but I just want to tell someone! I know our reasonings are good and valid but it's so hard to keep it all to myself. I don't want to hear people's opinions of if we are really ready or maybe we should keep waiting a few more years (as I know that's what my mom's opinion would be) and I know that when I do get pregnant, I want to wait until 10 to 12 weeks before I tell anyone (including my mom) because of my 2 miscarriages being so early on. It's just very hard to stay silent about it all except with dh. Is anyone else not letting anyone know you're TTC?

by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
NLTenney
by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:24 AM
I've told two of my close girlfriends, but that's it. We've been through too many losses so far, it's hard to tell people.
katiecole917
by Katie on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:44 AM

I completely agree. I've only had two losses but it is hard to tell people.

My mom has also wanted dh and me to wait about 5 years into our marriage and this year we will have been married for 3 years. I'll be 26 this year and dh will be 28 so I think that's a fine time to start trying. Usually the other person I tell these things to is my mom so that makes it a little harder to keep it between me and dh.

Tia_23
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 1:24 PM
I regreted telling people I was ttc bc everymonth I was asked if I was pregnant yet and it made wanting and obessing over pregnancy. It was a long 14 minths ttc! With a chemical pregnancy in between. I am now 8 weeks. I finally gave up bc I assumed something was wring with me. I do hqve irregular cycles but opks help pinpoint my cycles. And I stayed using opks morally . I quit stressing and I was pregnant.
MamaRER12
by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 1:36 PM

No one but my best friend knows we're trying. But we're not fully trying either. Like we are but not. We're not putting a whole lot of effort into it. Only reason for that being is we live with my parents right now and dont really have the room for another one in the house. Its crowded enough as it is.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

MrsA0625
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 2:45 PM
We are pregnant right now and I just told three of my closest friends (two of them are twins so it's only like I told two people ha ha) and we aren't telling anyone else until Easter when I'm 11 weeks along almost resolve weeks.

We only told a couple people we were trying too.
noonelikeme564
by Ty on Mar. 1, 2014 at 4:47 PM
We didn't tell anyone, and didn't tell until we were 14 + weeks along because of our history.
jerimeshia
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 5:20 PM
I only told my best friends and my sister. There excited for me and rotting me on. But every month it's "are you pregnant yet" and I'm like no ๐Ÿ˜Ÿit can get very frustrating at times
Melissa0741
by Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 6:02 PM
I haven't told anyone. I haven't been in your situation but I can imagine it would be extremely difficult after a miscarriage because you feel like you have to explain yourself.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN