Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

When did it start for you?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:11 PM
  • 7 Replies

I was prescribed 10mg of progesterone for 10 days so I could give my CD 3 blood, and I was to start the pills the day I was given them

My obgyn basically just said if it's not here by the last dose than to just go get my blood drawn anyway

What was your experience with progesterone to jump start your new cycle? When did your period come?

by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
EmRent
by Emily on Mar. 2, 2014 at 3:42 PM
Thought progesterone made you not start your period? What do you mean!
hypnautica
by Jennifer on Mar. 2, 2014 at 3:56 PM
A person I know didn't get her period until 10 days after the last pill. Most on here I've seen starts about a week later.
purplepink1992
by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 4:38 PM

The progesterone is going to jump start my period/cycle. Aside from my obgyn telling me, I've also read from other women onlne that they've been given it to start it aswell.

So I'm not too sure of it's other uses to be honest!

Quoting EmRent: Thought progesterone made you not start your period? What do you mean!

Mom2five87
by Jen on Mar. 2, 2014 at 4:40 PM
I was always told to take it for 7 days and I normally started between days 7 -9.
purplepink1992
by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this

That's what I've thought too. With that being the case I don't know why she doesn't want me to wait afterwards! But, I think she just wants to see my blood results already since I was ordered the CD 3 bloodwork back at the end of Jan 

Quoting hypnautica: A person I know didn't get her period until 10 days after the last pill. Most on here I've seen starts about a week later.

purplepink1992
by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you! I'm hoping it shows up before I finish them 

Quoting Mom2five87: I was always told to take it for 7 days and I normally started between days 7 -9.

EmRent
by Emily on Mar. 2, 2014 at 6:48 PM
I had to stop taking my progesterone in order to finally start my period but that was mixed with estrace as well for a totally different protocol. I stopped taking it Thursday and finally started bleeding today.

Quoting purplepink1992:

The progesterone is going to jump start my period/cycle. Aside from my obgyn telling me, I've also read from other women onlne that they've been given it to start it aswell.

So I'm not too sure of it's other uses to be honest!

Quoting EmRent: Thought progesterone made you not start your period? What do you mean!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)