Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

For those who do NI, How do you feel comfortable enough to actually do that?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:29 AM
  • 19 Replies
How can you do it? Is your partner ok with it? If it doesn't work the first time do you just keep trying that way?? I'm not judging i just don't understand. It seems like a very complicated situation. Just to clarify I am NOT doing NI! I just can't do that yuck! Me and my wife are doing AI, but i wanted to hear about couples who are or have done NI just to understand how they could go through with that!
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Leanin.on.faith
by Charla on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:30 AM
NI??
Necie72
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:34 AM

Is that using someone elses sperm "naturally"?  Yeah, I don't see how anyone else can do that either, but to each his own...

Wait...  I just had to come back for an edit...  I just remembered you're in a 2 mommy relationship, right?  So, in a case like that, I'd see how it would be a little different...  I could see how one partner wouldn't feel so great about it, but in the end, it's not like the one doing it is going to suddenly change her feelings and have a relationship with the man, right?  But, for something like that, I wouldn't suggest a complete stranger...  Too many weirdos are into that sort of thing...  They may try to have a 3some or something to serve themselves, rather than to serve the situation...  I could see it being possible for it to happen with a man that both women trust and one who respects them and their relationship.

I knew of a woman in another group who had several kids and she and her wife were raising them as a family.

WishingonaBaby1
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Necie72:

Is that using someone elses sperm "naturally"?  Yeah, I don't see how anyone else can do that either, but to each his own...

Yeah it's natural insemination. I hear many couples say how they did n i don't understand so im just asking.
WishingonaBaby1
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:38 AM
Quoting Leanin.on.faith: NI??
Natural Insemination
Necie72
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:41 AM

I edited my response...  LOL

WishingonaBaby1
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:48 AM
Quoting Necie72:

Wait...  I just had to come back for an edit...  I just remembered you're in a 2 mommy relationship, right?  So, in a case like that, I'd see how it would be a little different...  I could see how one partner wouldn't feel so great about it, but in the end, it's not like the one doing it is going to suddenly change her feelings and have a relationship with the man, right?  But, for something like that, I wouldn't suggest a complete stranger...  Too many weirdos are into that sort of thing...  They may try to have a 3some or something to serve themselves, rather than to serve the situation...  I could see it being possible for it to happen with a man that both women trust and one who respects them and their relationship.

I knew of a woman in another group who had several kids and she and her wife were raising them as a family.

Yea we're a two mommy marriage.... i mean i see why they do i guess i just don't get how they actually could go through with it. N yea there are some serious weirdos out in the world so people should watch out!
WishingonaBaby1
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:49 AM
Quoting Necie72:

I edited my response...  LOL

Lol i know i just saw n replied
DixonBabies
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:59 AM
I couldn't do it.
Ashcf06
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 11:20 AM
I didn't even know what that was until now. Lol. Now, I'm in a heterosexual marriage so it's totally different for me but I mean I guess if a baby is what you really want and money is a factor then ni would be the way to go. I can only imagine how awkward that would be but there are a lot of awkward things to be done for fertility treatments when seeing an actual doctor. I'm sure you've thought of everything already but if you've got a friend that would be willing to help out then it may not be so strange. Also, I don't want to be presumptuous if this isn't what you want but it may also be good if you were looking for a male influence in your babies life. Having a friend who was the dad (but maybe not be that actual dad role) then having him around for things would be easier. Anyway, I hope you get everything figured out so you can get your baby to complete your family!!!
vkp23
by Virginia on Mar. 8, 2014 at 12:23 PM

Regardless of the type of relationship I had I couldn't do it cause I just couldn't. The furthest I would go is have the man make his deposit into a cup or directly into a soft cup and the place it in the vagina. To each his own but I just emotionally wouldn't be able to handle it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN