Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Not trying anymore... But Not preventing... Same difference... What do you think???

Posted by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 5:51 AM
  • 25 Replies

Poll

Question: Is not preventing the same as TTC???

Options:

Yes it is

No it's not

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 58

View Results

I've decided to put off my TTC until I'm 100% sure that I have a man who would make a good father... I don't wan to raise a baby Ina broken home...

however me and this guy I've been seeing aren't using condoms... He's pulling out which isn't foolproof I know... 

My mentality Is that if it is meant to be it will be in gods plan... 

I guess my question is do you think not preventing is the same as TTC??? 

by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 5:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beadingmom17
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 5:53 AM
No.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bonitalilmama
by Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 6:34 AM
That's what I'm doing. When I was ttc actively I was stressing and always going crazy when AF was expected. I dreamt about it and everything I did revolved around a baby.but I still don't chart and take temps because I feel like it's too much work but every time I bd I had my fingers crossed. I'm not doing anything to prevent it this time as well if it happens it happens. Doing it like that keeps stress levels down
GwenMB
by Gwen on Mar. 9, 2014 at 8:50 AM
9 moms liked this

It's not the same. But I wouldn't even have sex w a man whom I wasn't 100% sure about.

bbyblueAK
by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 8:56 AM
This

Quoting GwenMB:

It's not the same. But I wouldn't even have sex w a man whom I wasn't 100% sure about.

DixonBabies
by on Mar. 9, 2014 at 2:15 PM

Yes, I do. 

DevonD83
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 3:14 PM
3 moms liked this
As long as you are ok work him walking away if you get pregnant and raising the child in a broken home anyway.
yroder2003
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 6:39 PM
We stopped trying, but weren't preventing, and that's when it happened. Good luck.
anotherandree
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 6:42 PM
I believe TTC is charting, planned sex, temping, OPKs, or any combination of the above.
vkp23
by Virginia on Mar. 9, 2014 at 7:44 PM
3 moms liked this

This for sure. Not preventing is not the same as actively ttc. But I agree too I wouldn't either have sex with a man I wasn't sure about 100% or at least use prevention. If your not 100% sure that this man would stick around or even want a baby I would suggest preventing it until you are sure about him. 

Quoting anotherandree: I believe TTC is charting, planned sex, temping, OPKs, or any combination of the above.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

arkansasmama08
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 8:19 PM
3 moms liked this
Yeah...im kind of old school. No whoopee until married. But even so, if you don't think this guy will stick around, I definitely don't suggested having sex, especially unprotected. That's just a recipe for a lot of hurt and bad situations. GL
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)