Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

have you ever heard of.....? UPDATE ...GUESS MY RE IS PISSED AT ME

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 9:33 AM
  • 42 Replies
Anyone getting a bfp after five iuis? Af showed up today so I'm getting ready to do my fifth cycle. Am I just kidding myself or do I still have a chance? Getting hard to stay hopeful. I think I'm going to try folistim this round.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
storkneedsgps
by RoseTyler on Mar. 10, 2014 at 9:41 AM
Shameless bump :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DevonD83
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 9:45 AM

I only did two rounds of IUI.  Still waiting on my sticky.

amy31308
by Ashlee on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:13 AM
I've read before of after 3 then the chances goes way down. Doesn't mean it's impossible but ivf is more realistic. I haven't watch every detail of your journey since I left but is ivf an option for you?
amy31308
by Ashlee on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:14 AM
And i think anything you try differently will change your chances.
storkneedsgps
by RoseTyler on Mar. 10, 2014 at 10:25 AM
I don't know how we could afford it

Quoting amy31308: I've read before of after 3 then the chances goes way down. Doesn't mean it's impossible but ivf is more realistic. I haven't watch every detail of your journey since I left but is ivf an option for you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DixonBabies
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:32 AM

I think you will have a good shot with adding folistim. Fx 

tluvsd2
by TONI on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:40 AM
I DID ONE BUT MY OLD RE SAID INJECTABLES UP YOUR CHANCES GOOD LUCK DON'T GIVE UP YOU WILL GET YOUR LIL MIRACLE!
ginger_snap99
by Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:54 AM
We've done 3 IUI's. But that was our cutoff number we set for ourselves before we even started. Do what works for you, emotionally & financially! FX & baby dust
storkneedsgps
by RoseTyler on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:02 PM
Update....so I guess I pissed off my RE. I called her today to set everything up for this cycle as af started. I ask her about the folistim. I bought it for last cycle but my estrogen was too high so we didn't use it. I want to try something different. She wants me to continue using half a tablet of clomid only because I don't have any ovulatory issues. I get that but I bought it, I want to use it and I feel like we should try something different. She said she doesn't think its a good idea to change things around just to do something different when she said I reacted very well, just didn't get pregnant. I asked her about the chances of it working after five iuis and she was offended. Said I'm not going to waste your time and money if you don't have a chance. It just can take awhile. Iui only has 10% success rate and she says since I had a lap, it really only counts as one. I told her I do trust her but it is hard to keep doing the same thing and not getting different result when nothing is wrong with me. I also asked her about maybe taking a more in depth look at his swimmers. She said she already checked that when we do iui. I asked about shape, forward motion. She said she checks that too. Okay, well, I wasn't sure. Again, she made loud exhaling noises like she was annoyed told me this is what she does for a living, she's not going to waste my money or time, ect.

She's going to check my chart again later and call me back. I wasn't being rude or emotional. I thought those were valid questions. Maybe I'm just reading into it too much but I didn't like her tone. I feel like I should be able to ask all the questions I want. That's why I'm paying her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
storkneedsgps
by RoseTyler on Mar. 10, 2014 at 12:04 PM
Bump for update
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN