Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does IUI sway gender?

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:07 AM
  • 17 Replies

Hi ladies,

I am just curious on your thoughts. I had a mc so at this point a healthy baby, boy or girl will be wonderful. Before this I secretly wanted a little girl.

Because of the theory on BDing on O day for a boy and most IUIs are scheduled for O day I assume there is a higher chance of having a boy? We were told we have barely any chance of conceiving from BDing sooooo...

Would a diet even matter if you are doing iui and sperm wash?

Just curious :)

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
froyogal
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:42 AM

BUMP

Careeka22
by Caitlin on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I highly doubt it, I just think those are theories now. We decided to give it a shot for the fun of it and it didn't work. We shot of for a boy, we DTD only on O day, doggie style, with all the advice that was given. My diet also follows that for boys and we are having another little girl! I think it is up to chance and God really, so I wouldn't focus on it. I am sorry for your loss and I hope any future attempts yields you a healthy little baby, no matter the gender :-)

storkneedsgps
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:47 AM
My doctor doesn't put much stock into that theory. I wouldn't worry about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cheetah90210
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this
No
irisha26
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this
I honestly think that it's all in gods hands. Gl to you.

Quoting froyogal:

Hi ladies,

I am just curious on your thoughts. I had a mc so at this point a healthy baby, boy or girl will be wonderful. Before this I secretly wanted a little girl.

Because of the theory on BDing on O day for a boy and most IUIs are scheduled for O day I assume there is a higher chance of having a boy? We were told we have barely any chance of conceiving from BDing sooooo...

Would a diet even matter if you are doing iui and sperm wash?

Just curious :)

froyogal
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks so much...I know I totally agree that its completely up to God. I think it is so funny all the theories. Your little girl in your pic is adorable! How fun- a house of girls :)

Quoting Careeka22:

I highly doubt it, I just think those are theories now. We decided to give it a shot for the fun of it and it didn't work. We shot of for a boy, we DTD only on O day, doggie style, with all the advice that was given. My diet also follows that for boys and we are having another little girl! I think it is up to chance and God really, so I wouldn't focus on it. I am sorry for your loss and I hope any future attempts yields you a healthy little baby, no matter the gender :-)

froyogal
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:21 AM

Thanks for writing. I am definitely not worried about...just curious. More worried about getting pregnant with a healthy baby. My friend and I were just talking about how all these doctors have so many different theories and opinions that does sync. Time shall tell. Thank you

Quoting storkneedsgps: My doctor doesn't put much stock into that theory. I wouldn't worry about it.

Careeka22
by Caitlin on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you! She is the best little girl, I hope her sister takes after her. I am very excited now to have 2 girls, I only had a sister and we were so close so I am hoping they are too. DH did want a son but God knows best :-).

Quoting froyogal:

Thanks so much...I know I totally agree that its completely up to God. I think it is so funny all the theories. Your little girl in your pic is adorable! How fun- a house of girls :)

Quoting Careeka22:

Caseyprr
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 4:29 PM

I just recenlty saw a fertility Dr. and he said IUI has a 20% chance of success. He told us to go straight to invitro. We are still deciding whether or not we're going to move forward with it. Why do you have such a little chane of it happening on your own? 

Lmallonee
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:34 PM
A 20% chance each time or only a 20% chance no matter how many times u have an IUI?

Quoting Caseyprr:

I just recenlty saw a fertility Dr. and he said IUI has a 20% chance of success. He told us to go straight to invitro. We are still deciding whether or not we're going to move forward with it. Why do you have such a little chane of it happening on your own? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)