Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Luteal phase defect

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:52 AM
  • 5 Replies

Hi, my husband and I had a miscarriage almost 2 years ago.  We have been ttc since without luck.  My last two luteal phases have been 3-5 days!  Crazy, I know :( I've made an apt with a new ob to get better assistance than I've had in the past, but I thought I'd ask out of hopefulness and in the case someone might know... Could I have conceived if my period started 5 days past ovulation and only lasted 4 days?  Has anyone experienced anything similar to my situation?  

Thanks

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
steph.sublette
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:56 AM

B6 alone fixed my leuteal phase defect.

And miracles happen.... so its not impossible.

Lilgreenowl
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 3:08 PM

I had my regular doc check my b levels; I was surprised when they came back normal.  I also heard low progesterone can cause this as well. I never had any issue with short cycles before my miscarriage.  

Lmallonee
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:33 PM
Sorry about your loss. I don't have any good answers to your questions but can your OB send you to an RE? My OB (not all of course) wasn't so insightful when it came to infertility issues.
Lilgreenowl
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:54 PM

I've set an apt with a new ob who specializes in infertility.  He was highly recommended by a work friend, so I'm crossing my fingers. I just haven't had great luck with ob's.  

bbyB10
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:42 PM

I'm no help sorry I don't even know what that means

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)